Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Man, they look wider than 12.5", they look nice. I'm running similar. I also want to step up to 37", but I want to go to 13.5" wide. Well, hopefully you come out well on this entire accident and can actually put that money into upgrades.

Oh yeah, in all the "insurance" talk, we forgot to ask. You okay? Any neck issues, junk like that? Both airbags go off? Did you hear them (most don't)? Any other passengers in the vehicle (sorry, you might have mentioned this elsewhere, I'm feeling lazy and don't want to look.)
    Timmy,

I was in the Jeep by myself. I am sore from my neck down to my waist, with most of my discomfort directly in my sternum area. Both airbags went off and I was wearing my belt.. Everything happened so fast and the impact was so loud I heard nothing other than that. The Jeep ended up 270 degrees from the direction I was turning at the intersection.. As far as the width of my rims, I was running XD 20 x 9's, which after my last moab trip two weeks ago they suffered some minor rash. I am thinking of going with some 35 x 14 x 20 PITBULL tires on my next jeep, but currently know little about them..

FF

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
    Timmy,

I was in the Jeep by myself. I am sore from my neck down to my waist, with most of my discomfort directly in my sternum area. Both airbags went off and I was wearing my belt.. Everything happened so fast and the impact was so loud I heard nothing other than that. The Jeep ended up 270 degrees from the direction I was turning at the intersection.. As far as the width of my rims, I was running XD 20 x 9's, which after my last moab trip two weeks ago they suffered some minor rash. I am thinking of going with some 35 x 14 x 20 PITBULL tires on my next jeep, but currently know little about them..

FF
    Dang dude, glad you are okay. I had pains across my shoulder and chest for weeks from hitting the seatbelt. My accident was a 40mph head-on to someone that drifted directly in to my lane. I will never forget saying to myself, seconds before the accident "this is going to hurt." Like you, with the noise of the accident, and the rush of everything happening, I don't remember a thing about the airbags. By the time my brain started to comprehend what had happened, I noticed the cabin was filled with a gas or something which makes you start to think "fire" pretty quick, but I figured out quickly it was just the airbag gases and I was able to roll down my window to let it out.

Yeah, you rock those 35x14's. That would be awesome to see!!! Everyone is always like "wider tires drift more, Jeep won't drive on highway well" etc. etc. I say, whateve' These Jeeps weren't meant for no flippin highway, they were meant for playin' in the dirt and for scarin the crude out of little kids when you roll by (grin.) I was just thinking today, my Mickey T's Baja tires are so quiet and smooth on the road, I don't think I like them any more. I think I want a more aggressive tire that rumbles the cab a bit more, growls on the road a bit more and says "I'm a JEEP! MOVE OVER!" Of course I can say this because I already have my long distance cruiser of a sedan so I don't have to deal with those days when I just don't want to rumble down the road.

Keep us posted on your insurance stuff, very curious how you come out. And let's all pray together that the engine was encroached on for poor little FF's Jeep so that they total this sucker out.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.