Close

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    Has anyone here with the ripp experience a squeeky belt after a couple of thousand miles ? I put 4000 on my ripp 3.6 and it sounds like my belt is squeeling away now any body have an issue ?
    Mine makes that noise. If you beat on it, (im told) you can stretch the belt.

IDK where i even heard that or the resume of whoever said it to me.

Regardless, My belt is getting switched.

I have a new belt for the smaller pulley high alt option, but i have no idea how to change the pulley on the unit. I got it apart and was stuck.

Im going to replace the belt tomorrow hopefully it fixes it

Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    Im going to replace the belt tomorrow hopefully it fixes it

here's an idea

post the size, item number and brand belt you use. I'll get a different brand, and we can compare notes.

Will do this weekend autozone has a belt 3 year warranty with it might as well take advantage of it

forgive me for hi-jacking, are there different brands of belts?

Auto with no shifting problems.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vta7sggaGbg

All these guys seem to be doing ok also.
    http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modif...cooler-305313/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Auto with no shifting problems.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vta7sggaGbg
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    All these guys seem to be doing ok also.
    http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modif...cooler-305313/
    Not sure how you can determine that there are no auto shifting problems from this information. The video demonstrates wide open throttle shifts for 0-60. The transmission doesn't even shift through all of the gears in the video. From my perspective owning a supercharged jeep, I don't drive wide open throttle when I'm driving my jeep. My Magnuson will do what is in that video. My shift issues are daily driving, not racing my jeep.

Your second post is about transmission coolers, it doesn't mention anything about shifting. I know I don't own a RIPP, but I've read about RIPP owners complaining about shift issues. I'm sure if RIPP had this fixed, they would be screaming from the roof tops on how they have it resolved, in an effort to sell more of their superchargers over their competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by bo9roadking View Post
    Not sure how you can determine that there are no auto shifting problems from this information. The video demonstrates wide open throttle shifts for 0-60. The transmission doesn't even shift through all of the gears in the video. From my perspective owning a supercharged jeep, I don't drive wide open throttle when I'm driving my jeep. My Magnuson will do what is in that video. My shift issues are daily driving, not racing my jeep.

Your second post is about transmission coolers, it doesn't mention anything about shifting. I know I don't own a RIPP, but I've read about RIPP owners complaining about shift issues. I'm sure if RIPP had this fixed, they would be screaming from the roof tops on how they have it resolved, in an effort to sell more of their superchargers over their competitors.
    X2. this auto shift issue is a big problem. Once someone fixes it, they should offer a guarantee. That will sell a LOT of power mods.

I thought that the Ripp complaints were about full throttle shifting and having to lift to shift. He obviously didn't have to do that as he did hit third. I guess that in the second one my thought was that they are towing and only have complaints about trans fluid temps not shift qualitys. I would think that they would mention a degradation or shifting problem as a possible suspect of the higher heats. Just something to add to the mix of info.