Close

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserBill View Post
    max power right about 300hp at 2700rpm... and cruise torque right about 320ft-lbs at 2400rpm with the Methanol injection operating.
    These numbers make no sense. To have 300 hp at 2700 rpm, that would require 583 ft-lbs at 2700 rpm, but you say that at 2400 rpm, the torque has already dropped to 320 ft-lbs. Time to revisit your numbers/assumptions

CAT's output numbers are what I based my figures on. What it really produces I won't know until I dyno the engine.

Is this a "Shootout" thread? seems off topic
    Last edited by boosted1; 09-01-2015 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boosted1 View Post
    Is this a "Shootout" thread? seems off topic
    sounds like a turbo guy is salty about a SC thread. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    sounds like a turbo guy is salty about a SC thread. lol
    Orr..... The thread discussing installing a CAT engine in your Jeep is actually off topic.

This thread needs a do-over. We need a very rich person to donate several identically equipped Wranglers and one of each of the forced induction kits so that a full and fair comparison can be done on everything from the install difficulty to performance

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    This thread needs a do-over. We need a very rich person to donate several identically equipped Wranglers and one of each of the forced induction kits so that a full and fair comparison can be done on everything from the install difficulty to performance
    Its hard to keep everything equal when testing power mods. Realize, we got each about a year apart. All the jeeps are 4.10 geared manual trans rubicons. The turbo was a 2door, the two SCs, on 4drs.

BB had a lift and duratracs when the SC came on. Sweet Pea was bone stock. They were tested as evenly as we could have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by uselesspickles View Post
    this thread needs a do-over. We need a very rich person to donate several identically equipped wranglers and one of each of the forced induction kits so that a full and fair comparison can be done on everything from the install difficulty to performance
    absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Looks like the Magnuson might not have as big of an advantage over the RIPP at low rpms as people seem to assume based on the centrifugal vs roots-type generalizations. Although, it's impossible to know what the story is below 2000 rpm with certainty based on this chart. But as I've already shown thanks to the magic of math, 2000 rpm looks to be a low enough rpm to be useful for general off-roading: http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?33...full=1#post802
    True, I am surprised that the RIPP pulls that well at the bottom, however, the Magnuson seems to have more power where i generally use it between 2,000 and 4,500 RPM. I drive a manual, and generally do not spin the motor up to redline when shifting. Daily Driver purposes, the Magnuson appears to be the winner; on paper anyways.

Just curious as to whether Sweet Pea and Black Beauty have had MPG recorded regularly since their respective supercharger installations? I use Fuelly myself, and am really curious to figure out not only which is better $ per torque/hp, but also which has better overall fuel economy.

I would guess that RIPP would win the MPG battle. Has anyone been keeping decent hand-calculated MPG records?