Close

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    JeepLab (or anyone)

I had read another forum a post from the owner of RIPP (this was posted May of 2012) that he had a program where anyone could get a RIPP SC professionally installed for $250 (not the cost of the SC, just the install.) Have you ever heard of this? I'm guessing posted in 2012 meant 3.8L engine. Any chance this is true for a 3.6L engine?

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74375

"Ours bolts on in a few hours, adds 100 more real wheel HP and 90 more ft/lbs of torque - (real world numbers at the wheels through 35-37" tires) and 2-4more MPG (as reported though many end users). Ours systems have been as low as 24 below Zero in Alaska/Canada and in the high heat desert 130 + degrees jumping dunes...

Besides - we have a New low price $4899.95 and now ANY AUTHORIZED DEALER WILL install our system for just $250.00...

RIPP"
    ive never heard of it, but it would be a good way to sell kits. Lowers the total cost AND you know its in right. It could be the difference in buying an SC at all.

That could be the nudge I need. Id make the looooong trip to RIPP if it was an option.

Subscribed
    I still like the looks of Magnuson's low end power range.

Quote Originally Posted by 2me View Post
    Subscribed
    I still like the looks of Magnuson's low end power range.
    Im with this guy^^ but overall, the mag's power band is the sexiest, but these are "Glory" dyno passes, Im sure JL uses cold components, and lets everything cool before running again. What I'm concerned with is the heat soak that Im sure the mag suffers from.

Dyno it once, and then hot lap it, then dyno it again, and the hot numbers will be significantly different from the cold ones. I think the RIPP style suffers from it less.

That would be a good test. Hot superchargers. who loses more power?

A buddy of mine just (last night) took this pic of a Jeep in Kalispell, MT. Looks to me like a RIPP SC in it? Nicely done, whoever you are... You have a butt-tone of mods on that sucker from what I can see. (The embedded photo here makes it hard to see the inner-cooler in the front, not sure if there is a way to make the photo bigger?)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo1.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	859

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo2.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	860
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

There is a new tune being worked on, but it is not quite ready for release yet. Once my tuner gets it finished, we will work with the sales department to try and get it out to everyone, however, I don’t have an exact date on when it will be released.

Simon Gale, Lead Tech
    Magnuson Products LLC.
    hi, first post...

first of all thanks for this comparison! its really helping me in deciding on which one to get. im leaning toward the magnuson because of the torque curve. the only thing that has kept me from pulling the trigger is that people are saying that the tune has some issues, such as surging. anyways, i contacted magnuson about the issues (on about 7/11/14) and they said that they will have the tune perfected soon, but they didnt give me an exact date, or where to look for it to be posted. so just wonderin if anyone here or at magnuson has any info on the newest tune or when the surging issues are solved, please post here!

also, jeeplab, do you have any plans to install the 8 psi pulley? if so please post reviews or dyno or whatever!

We have the high altitude pulley for the Ripp unit in my garage. We are about to install that.

We don't have the high altitude pulley for the mag. ill see about getting my hands on it.

Im hoping to have the high altitude pulley on the RIPP this weekend