Quote Originally Posted by mpaone1040 View Post
new to this site. I have a 2011 JKU sport, 4.88's 35x12.5x18. RIPP gen 2, with RIPP headers, and AFE hituck. I have the latest RIPP tune(2 weeks ago) generally speaking, I love the RIPP. for me there are not alot of rocks here in CT, but north there are plenty of trails that keep me and my family entertained. I have been thinking about adding the hi altitude pulley and somewhere in this thread(just read all of it) there was a point where JL was going to install the smaller pulley? but then it got sidetracked. I was just wondering if any of the RIPP guys on here have the smaller pulley and if it was worth the upgrade. as a said I really cannot complain about my current set up, i do experience "lift to shift" occasionally, other than that its pretty stable.
I did get sidetracked. Here's why -

1. I had the SC apart when Id the clean out, and I couldn't get the standard pulley off.

2. BB is a rocket, I really didnt feel the need for more power. It made 328 hp at the rear wheel.

Another guy in the forum Deola, had the high alt pulley and his review was positive. With the 3.8 i wouldnt hesitate to crank it up. That is a very tough motor.