Close

More Boost, Water-Methanol anyone?

Plan on installing the smaller (high-altitude) 8 psi pulley or having a smaller 63mm (10 psi) pulley fabricated for my Magnuson Supercharger, along with a Volant 176366/Donaldson PowerCore primarily for better engine/supercharger noises, secondarily for better filtering.

Next thing will be to install water-methanol injection, maybe ProMeth, Snow Performance, or AEM?

Before I get started, wondering if any of you forced induction guys have suggestions? Just trying to keep things cool and pickup a bit more power.

Finally, will dyno tune my Trinity T1000; tune from Magnuson has been fine, just want to squeeze every bit of torque out of her.

My Jeep is a 2013 JKUR 3.6 Pentastar manual transmission.
    Last edited by doc5339; 12-04-2016 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Misspelled words, added content.

Going with ProMeth after a lengthy conversation with Rodney, their Stage 1 should get the job done, and I will utilize the windshield washer reservoir for my water-methanol (-20 washer fluid).

I will follow-up after it is installed and dyno-tuned with the Magnuson High-Altitude (8 psi) pulley.

How much horsepower are you trying to acheive? Before you go meth injection dyno the jeep first get a base number then work from there. Atune from a shop can yeild you a few more hp them you have if your running magnuson tune.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    How much horsepower are you trying to acheive? Before you go meth injection dyno the jeep first get a base number then work from there. Atune from a shop can yeild you a few more hp them you have if your running magnuson tune.
    That is exactly what I intend to do, base dyno, dyno after high-altitude pulley, dyno tune, then tweak with water-methanol. I am going to try and squeeze as much torque and horsepower as I can out of it. The water-methanol is primarily for insurance against heat related failures; the water-methanol is not progressive so it just gets mister in under high boost only to cool the heat soaked rotors. I want 400 lb/ft torque around 2,000-2,500 rpm at the rear wheels, but I doubt that I will even come close.

If I grenade the powertrain, I plan on going with MoTech, maybe for a Gen V LT1 or LT4.

That's alotnof torque down below I highly doubt it will be achievable with a pentastar. The old Cummins 4bt doesn't make that much torque down below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    That's alotnof torque down below I highly doubt it will be achievable with a pentastar. The old Cummins 4bt doesn't make that much torque down below.
    What I want, and what I may get are two very different things. Going in for baseline tune on January 27th with Magnuson 66mm (high-altitude) 8psi pulley and Volant 176366 Air Intake installed. AV Tuning 7 Development will install the 63mm pulley (60mm pulley if possible), water-methanol system, and dyno tuning.

Just an update, installed the 66mm Magnuson High-Altitude Pulley and had to grind the alternator and bracket for clearance. Installed the Volant CAI which barely fits; had to trim the make-up air nipple as it presses against the lower alternator electrical connector.

Test fit the 60mm Pulley; too tight, would require grinding the Magnuson for clearance, but does seem to fit the 66mm Pulley's belt. Had to blow my appointment with AV Tuning & Development because I was getting CEL after updating the Trinity T-1000; user error as I think that I installed the OEM base tune by mistake.

AV Tuning & Development might be awesome, but I will probably never know because their labor rate is so high. It would have cost approx. $3k (was prepared to pay this) to get everything installed (pulleys, WMI, Aeroforce Interceptor) with dyno tuning if nothing went wrong; something went wrong off the rip and I was not prepared to pay $135 (discounted from $185) and hour for troubleshooting that I was able to accomplish.

Decided to tune over the internet with DiabloToona, so I installed an Innovate Wide Band O2 sensor at the collector pipe from Banks 1 and 2, and set it up as an Analog input for the Trinity T-1000 with power from the 12v cigarette lighter receptacle; soldered the analog jack and cigarette lighter adapter onto the Innovate as a guy did on JKOwners.com with success. Basically only plug the Analog and Power in when data-logging, and keep it in the glove box the rest of the time.

Tried the 63mm Pulley, good fit, however would likely require dyno tuning as vehicle goes into reduced power (limp) mode. Custom tuning from DiabloToona with Wide Band O2 data-logging for $200. Pretty damn good butt dyno. Never got around to installing the ProMeth Stage I Water Methanol Injection (WMI) because space is so tight and I really do not want to install remotely; will work on that next time I am home. I don't want the pump installed outside the engine bay mainly because of noise and I really want to use the OEM windshield washer reservoir as it has a fill warning light and I will likely use little water-meth since it will only floe under heavy boost.

Still need to install the Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, got a sweet steering column mount from Robbi at MoTech for $20. Only hard part of this gauge install is the MAP sensor wiring for the electronic boost gauge function.

Overall I am happy with the progress and results. Will probably just dyno when I have everything installed, and DiabloToona tweaks my tune for WMI. If you have Trinity T-1000, I highly recommend that you use Wide Band O2 for data-logging and contact DiabloToona.