Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Just reread your post on your trans problem.. I could not live with that overdrive problem either. Still nothing from them I guess otherwise you would have posted it. Sorry your having so much grief with your system.
Thanks. It is frustrating for sure. I got a new tune last week or the week prior from Magnuson. The days are running together, so I don't remember which week it was.

The engine seems to be smoothed out more than the previous tune, but the transmission overdrive problem still exists. I think the transmission is learning my driving habits with the supercharger and has calmed down slightly with normal shifts, but it still likes to hold the gears up into the 4-4.5k range if I'm a little heavy on the throttle.

I don't know if it will help, but I've contacted a tuner in the local area. He is looking at my factory tune and the Magnuson tune that I have. I may be able to get on the dyno and get a custom tune later next week depending on his schedule. It is going to cost me $450, but I'm willing to take the chance. Even if my transmission shifts don't change after the custom tune, at least the tune will be for my heavy ass jeep running 40" tires, steel skid plates/bumpers, and heavy aftermarket full width axles. I might get lucky and get a little extra power/torque out of it and it might be enough to cause the transmission to stay in overdrive. I'll also know how much power my jeep produces with the supercharger on it instead of estimating based upon what others have seen.