Close

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    We have the parts, but I havent had my hands on sweet pea in weeks, and Betty has been getting her coilovers reworked.

We are getting around to it. Might even dyno the new pulleys for comparison.
    Oh, yes, yes, please dyno!!!

Did you ever find out, do the SC makers really support using High Elevation pully's at sea level? How much extra psi do you expect out of the high elevation pully's? I thought I remember that standard you were getting around 8 psi, correct?
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

As a new JK owner looking to figure out which direction to go I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
    As a new JK owner looking to figure out which direction to go I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experiences.
    How did I miss the first post? Did this guy just skip to post 2?

WELCOME PRINCE!

It seems that the higher axle gear (lower number) makes more power on the dyno.

2k13jk making more than black betty using the factors of larger tires, 32 vs 35, and higher gearing 3.21 vs 4.10 makes the hp numbers climb.... Or so the prodigy thread says.

That seemed to be the reason that Jesse's Girl with a turbo and 4.88s made less power than expected.

SOOOOO many variables with these dynos.

Magnuson or Ripp for 2012 JK

Hello everyone! I have been stressing for the past week over what SC to buy.. I live in Utah at 4400 ft. above sea level and on occasion pull a two place Harley trailer or a 20' Ski boat over mountain passes (7000-8000 Ft). They are quoting me 10K for the Maggie (High Altitude Version) with Diablo tuner and a PLX multi gauge to monitor boost, AFR, O2 Sensor, knock and alarms. The price includes before and after Dyno testing and four hours of tuning. My quote for the Ripp SC is 8K for the system, install, tuning and Dyno. Is the extra gauges unnecessary and redundant? What is best for my application as described? Any input is greatly appreciated. System is going on a 2012 four door JK, running 35's with a 4 inch teraflex lift and 4.88 gears, automatic tranny, with Ram Air Intake and Magna flow exhaust.
    Last edited by ferrarifast; 08-30-2014 at 09:40 PM. Reason: spelling

WELCOME!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
    Hello everyone! I have been stressing for the past week over what SC to buy.. I live in Utah at 4400 ft. above sea level and on occasion pull a two place Harley trailer or a 20' Ski boat over mountain passes (7000-8000 Ft). They are quoting me 10K for the Maggie (High Altitude Version) with Diablo tuner and a PLX multi gauge to monitor boost, AFR, O2 Sensor, knock and alarms. The price includes before and after Dyno testing and four hours of tuning. My quote for the Ripp SC is 8K for the system, install, tuning and Dyno. Is the extra gauges unnecessary and redundant? What is best for my application as described? Any input is greatly appreciated. System is going on a 2012 four door JK, running 35's with a 4 inch teraflex lift and 4.88 gears, automatic tranny, with Ram Air Intake and Magna flow exhaust.
    Im sure JL will weigh in, but in these cases, where we are talking towing i think you want the most low end you can get. The Magnuson may be worth its price here. BUT.... have they figured out their tune?

Manual trans or auto?

Ripp or Maggie

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    WELCOME!

Im sure JL will weigh in, but in these cases, where we are talking towing i think you want the most low end you can get. The Magnuson may be worth its price here. BUT.... have they figured out their tune?

Manual trans or auto?
    Automatic transmission

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
    Automatic transmission
    Someone here said that the RIPP SC struggled to shift with the auto. I dont know if mag has the same problem. All the JL trucks are manual trans.

Anyone here have a automatic magnuson who can tell us if you have to "Lift to shift"?

Lift to shift will annoy you. Maybe ripp has worked it out by now, I'd confirm and go with wichever promised that you do not have to "Lift To Shift"

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    Someone here said that the RIPP SC struggled to shift with the auto. I dont know if mag has the same problem. All the JL trucks are manual trans.

Anyone here have a automatic magnuson who can tell us if you have to "Lift to shift"?

Lift to shift will annoy you. Maybe ripp has worked it out by now, I'd confirm and go with wichever promised that you do not have to "Lift To Shift"
    Yes, I agree. Lift to shift would annoy me... Does anyone have any experience with a Magnuson and auto tranny?

2000 for gauges is way to much i bought an aem wide band and boost built in 1 gauge omes with everything you need to install it. Mine cost 330 from pepboys definitely worth the money