Close

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    My tune was 650 my jeep has never been more solid thru out the power band no more surging or hesitation
    Cheap enough to consider, but really, the tune from the the manufacturer should sort out issues like surging.

Your shop is probably pretty good. I wouldnt leave the truck with just anyone promising to tune it.

Anyone reading this, check your shop's references.

im a fan of a custom tune. JL's BB tune is pretty much custom as Betty was the 6 speed prototype truck for them. So her tune is not a plug in. Its ripp tuning her perfectly, then sending Betty's tune to the other buyer so the ripp kit.

Pretty cool that people all over the US are driving trucks based on the tuning of Black Betty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    im a fan of a custom tune. JL's BB tune is pretty much custom as Betty was the 6 speed prototype truck for them. So her tune is not a plug in. Its ripp tuning her perfectly, then sending Betty's tune to the other buyer so the ripp kit.

Pretty cool that people all over the US are driving trucks based on the tuning of Black Betty.
    BB was the prototype for the manual trans '12 Ripp kit, But I'm not sure that the current tune is built off her cpu. She has been back to RIPP a few times, and they have released new tunes after, but I think Ripp has a few test trucks now, Im not sure if they are all 12s. Betty was the first Manual trans, but I don't think she is currently the only one.

Whats up with the hi alt kits? Deola just put his in, Is JL's SC's upgraded?

We have the parts, but I havent had my hands on sweet pea in weeks, and Betty has been getting her coilovers reworked.

We are getting around to it. Might even dyno the new pulleys for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    We have the parts, but I havent had my hands on sweet pea in weeks, and Betty has been getting her coilovers reworked.

We are getting around to it. Might even dyno the new pulleys for comparison.
    Oh, yes, yes, please dyno!!!

Did you ever find out, do the SC makers really support using High Elevation pully's at sea level? How much extra psi do you expect out of the high elevation pully's? I thought I remember that standard you were getting around 8 psi, correct?
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Cheap enough to consider, but really, the tune from the the manufacturer should sort out issues like surging.

Your shop is probably pretty good. I wouldnt leave the truck with just anyone promising to tune it.

Anyone reading this, check your shop's references.
    I agree that 650 is a reasonable price for a custom tune if it will really solve issues we users are having. That said, where does one go to find a good tuner and check their references? I'd even be willing to share a custom tune file with the supercharger manufacturer so they can compare to the tunes they are putting out. Perhaps the feedback might help others. We've been patiently waiting for manufacturers to set up test truck and try to replicate customer issues but it's taking quite a while.

Based on what my tuner has told me and from my data logging on my computer the surging people are experiencing near 2k rpm is the engine running very lean for about a second and picks back up also when WOT the air fuel was running extremely rich. For new people to boost a desired number cruising is 14.7 for air fuel anything above is lean and below that number is rich. My tuner told me that ideal air fuel when WOT full boost should be around 11.1 i was running 8.3 and was losing gas out the tail pipe and lost power running that rich. He tuned it and it runs just like a normal factory truck. Ripp did a well job dialing a in box tune so you can drive it all day everyday but i suggest just getting it dialed in spend the money know your engine is running proper i beleive no truck is the same and will run slightly different depending on conditions

Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    Based on what my tuner has told me and from my data logging on my computer the surging people are experiencing near 2k rpm is the engine running very lean for about a second and picks back up also when WOT the air fuel was running extremely rich. For new people to boost a desired number cruising is 14.7 for air fuel anything above is lean and below that number is rich. My tuner told me that ideal air fuel when WOT full boost should be around 11.1 i was running 8.3 and was losing gas out the tail pipe and lost power running that rich. He tuned it and it runs just like a normal factory truck. Ripp did a well job dialing a in box tune so you can drive it all day everyday but i suggest just getting it dialed in spend the money know your engine is running proper i beleive no truck is the same and will run slightly different depending on conditions
    good info!

good info!
    So final dyno numbers are in from my custom tune ripps tune made 250 wheel on the dyno running extremely rich now with my new tune i made 344 wheel