Close

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    So final dyno numbers are in from my custom tune ripps tune made 250 wheel on the dyno running extremely rich now with my new tune i made 344 wheel
    standard pulley or high alt?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    standard pulley or high alt?
    That was with the standard pulley running 8lbs of boost

That was with the standard pulley running 8lbs of boost
    Do you have a chart?

I got 328 (I think) 4.10 gearing, 6spd, 32" tires, Did you have all the same set up?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Do you have a chart?

I got 328 (I think) 4.10 gearing, 6spd, 32" tires, Did you have all the same set up?
    Im running 35s 6 speed 3.21 gears i have the chart but idk how to upload it

As a new JK owner looking to figure out which direction to go I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
    As a new JK owner looking to figure out which direction to go I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experiences.
    How did I miss the first post? Did this guy just skip to post 2?

WELCOME PRINCE!

Im running 35s 6 speed 3.21 gears i have the chart but idk how to upload it
    Really, you are running 3.21 gearing and you got 344 whp? That is awesome. So tell me, how does it drive with your setup? If my finances line up, I'm on the edge of a getting a Magnuson SC, and upgrading to 37" tires (I'm at 35" now.) I imagine 37" tires with my 3.73 ratio will be similar to your 35" tires with the 3.21 ratio, so I'm curious if you feel you need to re-gear (given that we are both manual transmissions, so we can just down shift to a lower gear when needed.)

I wish I could pull the trigger on these items right now, but lately my money has been getting sucked away with family needs. It's amazing how expensive braces are these days for kids! I mean, that's a set of tires right there! Both of them, and that is a supercharger! I'm going to remind them of that when they are older, A LOT. "You like those straight teeth? I hope you do, because your teeth cost me my upgrades on my Jeep. You know how much fun we would have had doing burn-outs and cruisin' around on 37" tires? I hope you appreciate what was sacrificed so you could have straight teeth."
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

It seems that the higher axle gear (lower number) makes more power on the dyno.

2k13jk making more than black betty using the factors of larger tires, 32 vs 35, and higher gearing 3.21 vs 4.10 makes the hp numbers climb.... Or so the prodigy thread says.

That seemed to be the reason that Jesse's Girl with a turbo and 4.88s made less power than expected.

SOOOOO many variables with these dynos.

Magnuson or Ripp for 2012 JK

Hello everyone! I have been stressing for the past week over what SC to buy.. I live in Utah at 4400 ft. above sea level and on occasion pull a two place Harley trailer or a 20' Ski boat over mountain passes (7000-8000 Ft). They are quoting me 10K for the Maggie (High Altitude Version) with Diablo tuner and a PLX multi gauge to monitor boost, AFR, O2 Sensor, knock and alarms. The price includes before and after Dyno testing and four hours of tuning. My quote for the Ripp SC is 8K for the system, install, tuning and Dyno. Is the extra gauges unnecessary and redundant? What is best for my application as described? Any input is greatly appreciated. System is going on a 2012 four door JK, running 35's with a 4 inch teraflex lift and 4.88 gears, automatic tranny, with Ram Air Intake and Magna flow exhaust.
    Last edited by ferrarifast; 08-30-2014 at 09:40 PM. Reason: spelling

WELCOME!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
    Hello everyone! I have been stressing for the past week over what SC to buy.. I live in Utah at 4400 ft. above sea level and on occasion pull a two place Harley trailer or a 20' Ski boat over mountain passes (7000-8000 Ft). They are quoting me 10K for the Maggie (High Altitude Version) with Diablo tuner and a PLX multi gauge to monitor boost, AFR, O2 Sensor, knock and alarms. The price includes before and after Dyno testing and four hours of tuning. My quote for the Ripp SC is 8K for the system, install, tuning and Dyno. Is the extra gauges unnecessary and redundant? What is best for my application as described? Any input is greatly appreciated. System is going on a 2012 four door JK, running 35's with a 4 inch teraflex lift and 4.88 gears, automatic tranny, with Ram Air Intake and Magna flow exhaust.
    Im sure JL will weigh in, but in these cases, where we are talking towing i think you want the most low end you can get. The Magnuson may be worth its price here. BUT.... have they figured out their tune?

Manual trans or auto?