Close

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
    Timmy, they are Nitto Trail Grappers 35x 12.50x 20 with a 1.5" teraflex spacer... My next Jeep will run 37's with the Maggie and 4.88 moving it down the road..

FF
    Man, they look wider than 12.5", they look nice. I'm running similar. I also want to step up to 37", but I want to go to 13.5" wide. Well, hopefully you come out well on this entire accident and can actually put that money into upgrades.

Oh yeah, in all the "insurance" talk, we forgot to ask. You okay? Any neck issues, junk like that? Both airbags go off? Did you hear them (most don't)? Any other passengers in the vehicle (sorry, you might have mentioned this elsewhere, I'm feeling lazy and don't want to look.)
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Man, they look wider than 12.5", they look nice. I'm running similar. I also want to step up to 37", but I want to go to 13.5" wide. Well, hopefully you come out well on this entire accident and can actually put that money into upgrades.

Oh yeah, in all the "insurance" talk, we forgot to ask. You okay? Any neck issues, junk like that? Both airbags go off? Did you hear them (most don't)? Any other passengers in the vehicle (sorry, you might have mentioned this elsewhere, I'm feeling lazy and don't want to look.)
    Timmy,

I was in the Jeep by myself. I am sore from my neck down to my waist, with most of my discomfort directly in my sternum area. Both airbags went off and I was wearing my belt.. Everything happened so fast and the impact was so loud I heard nothing other than that. The Jeep ended up 270 degrees from the direction I was turning at the intersection.. As far as the width of my rims, I was running XD 20 x 9's, which after my last moab trip two weeks ago they suffered some minor rash. I am thinking of going with some 35 x 14 x 20 PITBULL tires on my next jeep, but currently know little about them..

FF

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
    Timmy,

I was in the Jeep by myself. I am sore from my neck down to my waist, with most of my discomfort directly in my sternum area. Both airbags went off and I was wearing my belt.. Everything happened so fast and the impact was so loud I heard nothing other than that. The Jeep ended up 270 degrees from the direction I was turning at the intersection.. As far as the width of my rims, I was running XD 20 x 9's, which after my last moab trip two weeks ago they suffered some minor rash. I am thinking of going with some 35 x 14 x 20 PITBULL tires on my next jeep, but currently know little about them..

FF
    Dang dude, glad you are okay. I had pains across my shoulder and chest for weeks from hitting the seatbelt. My accident was a 40mph head-on to someone that drifted directly in to my lane. I will never forget saying to myself, seconds before the accident "this is going to hurt." Like you, with the noise of the accident, and the rush of everything happening, I don't remember a thing about the airbags. By the time my brain started to comprehend what had happened, I noticed the cabin was filled with a gas or something which makes you start to think "fire" pretty quick, but I figured out quickly it was just the airbag gases and I was able to roll down my window to let it out.

Yeah, you rock those 35x14's. That would be awesome to see!!! Everyone is always like "wider tires drift more, Jeep won't drive on highway well" etc. etc. I say, whateve' These Jeeps weren't meant for no flippin highway, they were meant for playin' in the dirt and for scarin the crude out of little kids when you roll by (grin.) I was just thinking today, my Mickey T's Baja tires are so quiet and smooth on the road, I don't think I like them any more. I think I want a more aggressive tire that rumbles the cab a bit more, growls on the road a bit more and says "I'm a JEEP! MOVE OVER!" Of course I can say this because I already have my long distance cruiser of a sedan so I don't have to deal with those days when I just don't want to rumble down the road.

Keep us posted on your insurance stuff, very curious how you come out. And let's all pray together that the engine was encroached on for poor little FF's Jeep so that they total this sucker out.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

FF!

Please do yourself a favor.
    Please go see your doctor immediately.
    In my state you have to go to the dr within a certain number of days for legal purposes.
    I was T-Boned in December 2013, I was sore immediately, eventually MRI's showed herniations in cervical 2-3,3-4, 4-5, 5-6, 6-7 & thorasic 1.
    I had 4 level fusion of c3-4 through T-1. Very expensive operation.
    Lumbar is herniated in a bunch of places as well.
    I am still recovering & ten months later & still not back at work yet.
    Even though initially I knew I was hurt, I had no idea of how bad or how much it was going to affect the rest of my life.
    Please protect you & your family & get checked by your dr. Immediately.

I strongly urge every one to get disability insurance for as much as you are allowed to get.
    It has kept us from going bankrupt.
    Even though the other person is 100% at fault for the accident, I am still have to pay co payments, household bills, dr bills, the list is seemingly endless.
    All the best!

Nevada County, Ca. Live in an old gold mining town.
    Greetings folks. Great read for sure. I got a 2015 Rubicon a few months ago and love everything about it except the dog that is under the hood. It is an automatic so I am very concerned regarding the surging and shifting issues folks are reporting. And, since I live in California, it has to be CARB approved for smog. Thanks again for the fantastic information. steve

Quote Originally Posted by switz View Post
    Greetings folks. Great read for sure. I got a 2015 Rubicon a few months ago and love everything about it except the dog that is under the hood. It is an automatic so I am very concerned regarding the surging and shifting issues folks are reporting. And, since I live in California, it has to be CARB approved for smog. Thanks again for the fantastic information. steve

WELCOME STEVE!

I dont know if any of them are carb approved for the pentastar. JL im sure will chime in and say.

I will say that im in the same position as you. Reviews for RIPP say that SOMETIMES you will have to "lift to shift" with the auto. Which i believe defeats the purpose of the SC. The turbo says you dont need to do that, but they have had their own issues with power under 3k rpm. Mag is the 3rd horse in the race that has had difficulty with the surging issue, that even the Manual trans is not immune to.

Whats your gear ratio? Drive style? Wheel it? just for show?

If you havent started modding yet, I'll tell you, my plan so far is to keep the jeep as light as possible. And geared correctly for power.

Seems to me there are drawbacks to everything. If you can come to grips with that in advance of purchase, you will enjoy your mods more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    WELCOME STEVE!

I dont know if any of them are carb approved for the pentastar. JL im sure will chime in and say.

I will say that im in the same position as you. Reviews for RIPP say that SOMETIMES you will have to "lift to shift" with the auto. Which i believe defeats the purpose of the SC. The turbo says you dont need to do that, but they have had their own issues with power under 3k rpm. Mag is the 3rd horse in the race that has had difficulty with the surging issue, that even the Manual trans is not immune to.

Whats your gear ratio? Drive style? Wheel it? just for show?

If you havent started modding yet, I'll tell you, my plan so far is to keep the jeep as light as possible. And geared correctly for power.

Seems to me there are drawbacks to everything. If you can come to grips with that in advance of purchase, you will enjoy your mods more.
    Hey, thanks for the welcome. I have 4.10's and 32" tires. So far, stock. I put a cat-back exhaust on, a throttle body spacer and a CAI. So far, I thing it was a waste of money as I haven't noticed much in fuel economy or HP increase. I hope someone comes up with a super Charger for the automatic with a CARB approval....

Quote Originally Posted by switz View Post
    And, since I live in California, it has to be CARB approved for smog.
    Prodigy has told me that they have no current plans to pursue CARB approval.

I think I've seen mentions of both RIPP and Magnuson planning to get CARB approval for their 2012+ kits. I suggest calling all the manufacturers you are interested in and asking them directly, and be sure to mention that you plan on purchasing forced induction, but must have CARB approval because you are in Cali. They need to be reminded that there is a demand for CARB approval

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Prodigy has told me that they have no current plans to pursue CARB approval.

I think I've seen mentions of both RIPP and Magnuson planning to get CARB approval for their 2012+ kits. I suggest calling all the manufacturers you are interested in and asking them directly, and be sure to mention that you plan on purchasing forced induction, but must have CARB approval because you are in Cali. They need to be reminded that there is a demand for CARB approval
    Thanks for the info....I have my wife on board (wasn't that hard) so all I need is CARB and an assurance from RIPP that the automatic issues are solved...Then, one happy boy!

If your looking for boost id look at ripp superchargers i love mine 100 % and to me i feel its the most complete kit and best bang for your buck