Close

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Wrecked Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Excellent post!
    Timmy,

Thank you! Your experience and advice is appreciated and well received. I have started the process of gathering my receipts (I am glad I have saved them all). I just got off the phone with the Jeep Dealer and they are going to provide me with today's cost of an identically equipped Rubi to add to my binder of documentation.

I went to the collision center today and spoke to their estimator. He said the drivers side frame rail is complete toast, but that they could get me a brand new frame and pull my intact parts off old frame, along with replacement parts in 30-40 hours. I indicated to him, that I would like to see the jeep totaled and start anew. Your advice is exactly what he said I needed to do (minus the part about dealer pricing), so looks like tonight will be spent gathering invoices, trying to remember all mods seen and unseen and go into this with knowledge.
    As far and one question posted on JL about removing parts, I was told the insurance company will not allow one to "Cherry Pick" undamaged parts, accessories, etc. I don't know if all insurance companies work this way. Perhaps someone can comment on this topic.

Thanks again,

FF

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifast View Post
    I was told the insurance company will not allow one to "Cherry Pick" undamaged parts, accessories, etc. I don't know if all insurance companies work this way. Perhaps someone can comment on this topic.

FF
    Nope, they won't let you cherry pick anything, in fact, it might even be illegal to attempt this in some states. That being said, I went back to my collision shop and pulled off the rear gas strut that lets the tail gate lower slowly, and some extend-a-bed's I purchased for the rear bed. Shop owner came out, asked me what I was doing. I just said "oh, the claims adjust didn't include these in the pay-out because they were only about $50. It'll save me having to locate them again on eBay" and he was cool with it, didn't say a thing to anyone.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Nope, they won't let you cherry pick anything, in fact, it might even be illegal to attempt this in some states. That being said, I went back to my collision shop and pulled off the rear gas strut that lets the tail gate lower slowly, and some extend-a-bed's I purchased for the rear bed. Shop owner came out, asked me what I was doing. I just said "oh, the claims adjust didn't include these in the pay-out because they were only about $50. It'll save me having to locate them again on eBay" and he was cool with it, didn't say a thing to anyone.
    TIMMY!

I promoted your post to an article, I dont want it buried in a sea of other jeep info. PM me your address, Im going to send you a gift.

He ferrarifast, what type and size tires were those? I like them. Are they 35x13.5x20's?
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Timmy, they are Nitto Trail Grappers 35x 12.50x 20 with a 1.5" teraflex spacer... My next Jeep will run 37's with the Maggie and 4.88 moving it down the road..

FF

Timmy, they are Nitto Trail Grappers 35x 12.50x 20 with a 1.5" teraflex spacer... My next Jeep will run 37's with the Maggie and 4.88 moving it down the road..

FF
    Man, they look wider than 12.5", they look nice. I'm running similar. I also want to step up to 37", but I want to go to 13.5" wide. Well, hopefully you come out well on this entire accident and can actually put that money into upgrades.

Oh yeah, in all the "insurance" talk, we forgot to ask. You okay? Any neck issues, junk like that? Both airbags go off? Did you hear them (most don't)? Any other passengers in the vehicle (sorry, you might have mentioned this elsewhere, I'm feeling lazy and don't want to look.)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Man, they look wider than 12.5", they look nice. I'm running similar. I also want to step up to 37", but I want to go to 13.5" wide. Well, hopefully you come out well on this entire accident and can actually put that money into upgrades.

Oh yeah, in all the "insurance" talk, we forgot to ask. You okay? Any neck issues, junk like that? Both airbags go off? Did you hear them (most don't)? Any other passengers in the vehicle (sorry, you might have mentioned this elsewhere, I'm feeling lazy and don't want to look.)
    Timmy,

I was in the Jeep by myself. I am sore from my neck down to my waist, with most of my discomfort directly in my sternum area. Both airbags went off and I was wearing my belt.. Everything happened so fast and the impact was so loud I heard nothing other than that. The Jeep ended up 270 degrees from the direction I was turning at the intersection.. As far as the width of my rims, I was running XD 20 x 9's, which after my last moab trip two weeks ago they suffered some minor rash. I am thinking of going with some 35 x 14 x 20 PITBULL tires on my next jeep, but currently know little about them..

FF

Timmy,

I was in the Jeep by myself. I am sore from my neck down to my waist, with most of my discomfort directly in my sternum area. Both airbags went off and I was wearing my belt.. Everything happened so fast and the impact was so loud I heard nothing other than that. The Jeep ended up 270 degrees from the direction I was turning at the intersection.. As far as the width of my rims, I was running XD 20 x 9's, which after my last moab trip two weeks ago they suffered some minor rash. I am thinking of going with some 35 x 14 x 20 PITBULL tires on my next jeep, but currently know little about them..

FF
    Dang dude, glad you are okay. I had pains across my shoulder and chest for weeks from hitting the seatbelt. My accident was a 40mph head-on to someone that drifted directly in to my lane. I will never forget saying to myself, seconds before the accident "this is going to hurt." Like you, with the noise of the accident, and the rush of everything happening, I don't remember a thing about the airbags. By the time my brain started to comprehend what had happened, I noticed the cabin was filled with a gas or something which makes you start to think "fire" pretty quick, but I figured out quickly it was just the airbag gases and I was able to roll down my window to let it out.

Yeah, you rock those 35x14's. That would be awesome to see!!! Everyone is always like "wider tires drift more, Jeep won't drive on highway well" etc. etc. I say, whateve' These Jeeps weren't meant for no flippin highway, they were meant for playin' in the dirt and for scarin the crude out of little kids when you roll by (grin.) I was just thinking today, my Mickey T's Baja tires are so quiet and smooth on the road, I don't think I like them any more. I think I want a more aggressive tire that rumbles the cab a bit more, growls on the road a bit more and says "I'm a JEEP! MOVE OVER!" Of course I can say this because I already have my long distance cruiser of a sedan so I don't have to deal with those days when I just don't want to rumble down the road.

Keep us posted on your insurance stuff, very curious how you come out. And let's all pray together that the engine was encroached on for poor little FF's Jeep so that they total this sucker out.

FF!

Please do yourself a favor.
    Please go see your doctor immediately.
    In my state you have to go to the dr within a certain number of days for legal purposes.
    I was T-Boned in December 2013, I was sore immediately, eventually MRI's showed herniations in cervical 2-3,3-4, 4-5, 5-6, 6-7 & thorasic 1.
    I had 4 level fusion of c3-4 through T-1. Very expensive operation.
    Lumbar is herniated in a bunch of places as well.
    I am still recovering & ten months later & still not back at work yet.
    Even though initially I knew I was hurt, I had no idea of how bad or how much it was going to affect the rest of my life.
    Please protect you & your family & get checked by your dr. Immediately.

I strongly urge every one to get disability insurance for as much as you are allowed to get.
    It has kept us from going bankrupt.
    Even though the other person is 100% at fault for the accident, I am still have to pay co payments, household bills, dr bills, the list is seemingly endless.
    All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    Someone here said that the RIPP SC struggled to shift with the auto. I dont know if mag has the same problem. All the JL trucks are manual trans.

Anyone here have a automatic magnuson who can tell us if you have to "Lift to shift"?

Lift to shift will annoy you. Maybe ripp has worked it out by now, I'd confirm and go with wichever promised that you do not have to "Lift To Shift"
    Yes, I agree. Lift to shift would annoy me... Does anyone have any experience with a Magnuson and auto tranny?
    Magnuson is still working with Diablo to get the auto transmission to shift correctly. I've had my Magnuson on my 2012 JKU for about 3 weeks. The surging is fixed, but the transmission still requires lifting on the throttle or manually up-shifting unless you want the rpms to wind up higher for it to shift on its own. It winds out higher than it did prior to the SC install. The shifts are usually between 3k-4.5K rpms when it shifts on its own if you have moderate throttle applied. Mild throttle shifts as it did prior to the SC install except the shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. That shift might still require lifting off the throttle even at mild throttle. The shifts are tolerable, but could be smoother.

The only real issue for me is driving on the highway. At highway speeds, the transmission doesn't like staying in overdrive unless the jeep stays on level ground. I'm at about 900 feet above sea level. Any incline that requires mild throttle input to maintain speed will cause the SC to gain boost. I think the boost makes the transmission think that I hit the gas to pass someone, so it downshifts one or two gears depending on how much throttle I've added. If I hold the throttle instead of adding throttle to keep the transmission from downshifting, I'll lose about 5 mph to get over the incline, but the transmission stays in overdrive. Needless to say, I'm not using cruise control or my transmission would rarely get into overdrive.

One caveat is that my jeep is heavy, so I need more throttle to get it moving and keep it moving. The weight might be the issue because I don't think Magnuson and Diablo are using test jeeps with 40" tires, D60 and D80 axles, with steel bumpers and skid plates.
    Last edited by bo9roadking; 10-01-2014 at 02:54 PM.