Close

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by switz View Post
    Do you think, with all that you know, the automatic tranny issues will be sorted out? Thanks!
    can you go to another state and get the unit installed, then go back to CA?

Nevada County, Ca. Live in an old gold mining town.
    Unfortunately, no. Here is wonderful California, we have to get smog inspections prior to renewing the registration. With a new vehicle, I believe they give you several years but eventually, everyone has to do it. If you fail, no registration and your vehicle can be towed and impounded.

Quote Originally Posted by switz View Post
    Do you think, with all that you know, the automatic tranny issues will be sorted out? Thanks!
    I would make sure whoever you end up buying from, they SWEAR that you will not have a shifting issue. If you do...refund.

Has anyone here with the ripp experience a squeeky belt after a couple of thousand miles ? I put 4000 on my ripp 3.6 and it sounds like my belt is squeeling away now any body have an issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    Has anyone here with the ripp experience a squeeky belt after a couple of thousand miles ? I put 4000 on my ripp 3.6 and it sounds like my belt is squeeling away now any body have an issue ?
    Mine makes that noise. If you beat on it, (im told) you can stretch the belt.

IDK where i even heard that or the resume of whoever said it to me.

Regardless, My belt is getting switched.

I have a new belt for the smaller pulley high alt option, but i have no idea how to change the pulley on the unit. I got it apart and was stuck.

Im going to replace the belt tomorrow hopefully it fixes it

Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    Im going to replace the belt tomorrow hopefully it fixes it

here's an idea

post the size, item number and brand belt you use. I'll get a different brand, and we can compare notes.

Will do this weekend autozone has a belt 3 year warranty with it might as well take advantage of it

forgive me for hi-jacking, are there different brands of belts?

Auto with no shifting problems.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vta7sggaGbg