Close

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All these guys seem to be doing ok also.
    http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modif...cooler-305313/

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Auto with no shifting problems.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vta7sggaGbg
    All these guys seem to be doing ok also.
    http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modif...cooler-305313/
    Not sure how you can determine that there are no auto shifting problems from this information. The video demonstrates wide open throttle shifts for 0-60. The transmission doesn't even shift through all of the gears in the video. From my perspective owning a supercharged jeep, I don't drive wide open throttle when I'm driving my jeep. My Magnuson will do what is in that video. My shift issues are daily driving, not racing my jeep.

Your second post is about transmission coolers, it doesn't mention anything about shifting. I know I don't own a RIPP, but I've read about RIPP owners complaining about shift issues. I'm sure if RIPP had this fixed, they would be screaming from the roof tops on how they have it resolved, in an effort to sell more of their superchargers over their competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by bo9roadking View Post
    Not sure how you can determine that there are no auto shifting problems from this information. The video demonstrates wide open throttle shifts for 0-60. The transmission doesn't even shift through all of the gears in the video. From my perspective owning a supercharged jeep, I don't drive wide open throttle when I'm driving my jeep. My Magnuson will do what is in that video. My shift issues are daily driving, not racing my jeep.

Your second post is about transmission coolers, it doesn't mention anything about shifting. I know I don't own a RIPP, but I've read about RIPP owners complaining about shift issues. I'm sure if RIPP had this fixed, they would be screaming from the roof tops on how they have it resolved, in an effort to sell more of their superchargers over their competitors.
    X2. this auto shift issue is a big problem. Once someone fixes it, they should offer a guarantee. That will sell a LOT of power mods.

I thought that the Ripp complaints were about full throttle shifting and having to lift to shift. He obviously didn't have to do that as he did hit third. I guess that in the second one my thought was that they are towing and only have complaints about trans fluid temps not shift qualitys. I would think that they would mention a degradation or shifting problem as a possible suspect of the higher heats. Just something to add to the mix of info.

Just reread your post on your trans problem.. I could not live with that overdrive problem either. Still nothing from them I guess otherwise you would have posted it. Sorry your having so much grief with your system.

Just reread your post on your trans problem.. I could not live with that overdrive problem either. Still nothing from them I guess otherwise you would have posted it. Sorry your having so much grief with your system.
    Thanks. It is frustrating for sure. I got a new tune last week or the week prior from Magnuson. The days are running together, so I don't remember which week it was.

The engine seems to be smoothed out more than the previous tune, but the transmission overdrive problem still exists. I think the transmission is learning my driving habits with the supercharger and has calmed down slightly with normal shifts, but it still likes to hold the gears up into the 4-4.5k range if I'm a little heavy on the throttle.

I don't know if it will help, but I've contacted a tuner in the local area. He is looking at my factory tune and the Magnuson tune that I have. I may be able to get on the dyno and get a custom tune later next week depending on his schedule. It is going to cost me $450, but I'm willing to take the chance. Even if my transmission shifts don't change after the custom tune, at least the tune will be for my heavy ass jeep running 40" tires, steel skid plates/bumpers, and heavy aftermarket full width axles. I might get lucky and get a little extra power/torque out of it and it might be enough to cause the transmission to stay in overdrive. I'll also know how much power my jeep produces with the supercharger on it instead of estimating based upon what others have seen.

Ive had a custom tune done on my jk with the ripp kit. A company can only make tunes based on whats on the dyno. When my tuner tuned my jk ripps tune made 250 whp after 5 dyno pulls i put down 344 while getting air fuels and timing dialed into my trucks accesories like 35s stock gears 6 speed elevation

**** MODERATED ****

Hey everyone, if you've been following the forum, you'd know member FerrariFast totalled his rig earlier this year. He posted his new rig here. The build is extensive, and would have completely derailed the supercharger shootout thread so I moved it to its own thread.

http://jeeplab.com/showthread.php?21...!-Build-Thread

carry on.

I called Ripp yesterday and they are still in testing with California for an EO# but they are going ahead with it. I do believe I am going to do some sort of power adder. But I live here in CA and it has to pass first before I plunk down the bucks. this whole tune thing with our autos just has me wondering if a engine swap is a better way to fly. Yeah much much more expensive. 23k but you end up with 335 hp and torque with a 6 speed auto. Heck I like my little V6 I just hate the trans ecu.

I called Ripp yesterday and they are still in testing with California for an EO# but they are going ahead with it. I do believe I am going to do some sort of power adder. But I live here in CA and it has to pass first before I plunk down the bucks. this whole tune thing with our autos just has me wondering if a engine swap is a better way to fly. Yeah much much more expensive. 23k but you end up with 335 hp and torque with a 6 speed auto. Heck I like my little V6 I just hate the trans ecu.
    Gunner's next jeep is a STICK. LOL

Did ripp say anything about the shift thing?