Close

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Nevada County, Ca. Live in an old gold mining town.
    Greetings folks. Great read for sure. I got a 2015 Rubicon a few months ago and love everything about it except the dog that is under the hood. It is an automatic so I am very concerned regarding the surging and shifting issues folks are reporting. And, since I live in California, it has to be CARB approved for smog. Thanks again for the fantastic information. steve

Quote Originally Posted by switz View Post
    Greetings folks. Great read for sure. I got a 2015 Rubicon a few months ago and love everything about it except the dog that is under the hood. It is an automatic so I am very concerned regarding the surging and shifting issues folks are reporting. And, since I live in California, it has to be CARB approved for smog. Thanks again for the fantastic information. steve

WELCOME STEVE!

I dont know if any of them are carb approved for the pentastar. JL im sure will chime in and say.

I will say that im in the same position as you. Reviews for RIPP say that SOMETIMES you will have to "lift to shift" with the auto. Which i believe defeats the purpose of the SC. The turbo says you dont need to do that, but they have had their own issues with power under 3k rpm. Mag is the 3rd horse in the race that has had difficulty with the surging issue, that even the Manual trans is not immune to.

Whats your gear ratio? Drive style? Wheel it? just for show?

If you havent started modding yet, I'll tell you, my plan so far is to keep the jeep as light as possible. And geared correctly for power.

Seems to me there are drawbacks to everything. If you can come to grips with that in advance of purchase, you will enjoy your mods more.

If your looking for boost id look at ripp superchargers i love mine 100 % and to me i feel its the most complete kit and best bang for your buck

Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    If your looking for boost id look at ripp superchargers i love mine 100 % and to me i feel its the most complete kit and best bang for your buck
    RIPP's tune is definitely the most evolved out of all of them. It takes time, and the others will catch up. RIPP is leading the way right now.

Quote Originally Posted by switz View Post
    And, since I live in California, it has to be CARB approved for smog.
    Prodigy has told me that they have no current plans to pursue CARB approval.

I think I've seen mentions of both RIPP and Magnuson planning to get CARB approval for their 2012+ kits. I suggest calling all the manufacturers you are interested in and asking them directly, and be sure to mention that you plan on purchasing forced induction, but must have CARB approval because you are in Cali. They need to be reminded that there is a demand for CARB approval

Nevada County, Ca. Live in an old gold mining town.
    Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Prodigy has told me that they have no current plans to pursue CARB approval.

I think I've seen mentions of both RIPP and Magnuson planning to get CARB approval for their 2012+ kits. I suggest calling all the manufacturers you are interested in and asking them directly, and be sure to mention that you plan on purchasing forced induction, but must have CARB approval because you are in Cali. They need to be reminded that there is a demand for CARB approval
    Thanks for the info....I have my wife on board (wasn't that hard) so all I need is CARB and an assurance from RIPP that the automatic issues are solved...Then, one happy boy!

I am currently finishing up a Sprintex install. I will let everyone know how it goes. The only big problem we are having is the Diablo Turner wouldn't interface so they are sending us a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Icheer4beer View Post
    I am currently finishing up a Sprintex install. I will let everyone know how it goes. The only big problem we are having is the Diablo Turner wouldn't interface so they are sending us a new one.
    WHOA WELCOME SPRINTEX PIONEER!

Is there a united states dyno coming? Opening your own thread? Their austrailian dyno bugs me. Put it on dyno dynamics and lets get some USA numbers!

I actually wanted to get you guys a little more involved with this. There isn't much info out there. I got a great price so I took a leap of faith. I am traveling for the next couple of weeks and once I get back I can start a thread and maybe find a dyno in the area. I don't think you guys are too far from the DC area though and might have one you have already used, so the numbers would be comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Icheer4beer View Post
    I actually wanted to get you guys a little more involved with this. There isn't much info out there. I got a great price so I took a leap of faith. I am traveling for the next couple of weeks and once I get back I can start a thread and maybe find a dyno in the area. I don't think you guys are too far from the DC area though and might have one you have already used, so the numbers would be comparable.
    Bring it to NJ!

We'll photo document the hell out of it, put it on our dyno,.....And im gonna steal your keys!