Close

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    I should be able to pick it up on Tuesday if my tune is correct. I have had some challenges on that. I have some availability in the middle of the month. Shoot me an email and we can see what we can set up.

Is there pictures of the sprintex system install coming? Are you going to open a Sprintex thread?

I am visiting my parents in Costa Rica. I am going to open a thread and post pics when I get back next week.

Nevada County, Ca. Live in an old gold mining town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    WELCOME STEVE!

I dont know if any of them are carb approved for the pentastar. JL im sure will chime in and say.

I will say that im in the same position as you. Reviews for RIPP say that SOMETIMES you will have to "lift to shift" with the auto. Which i believe defeats the purpose of the SC. The turbo says you dont need to do that, but they have had their own issues with power under 3k rpm. Mag is the 3rd horse in the race that has had difficulty with the surging issue, that even the Manual trans is not immune to.

Whats your gear ratio? Drive style? Wheel it? just for show?

If you havent started modding yet, I'll tell you, my plan so far is to keep the jeep as light as possible. And geared correctly for power.

Seems to me there are drawbacks to everything. If you can come to grips with that in advance of purchase, you will enjoy your mods more.
    Hey, thanks for the welcome. I have 4.10's and 32" tires. So far, stock. I put a cat-back exhaust on, a throttle body spacer and a CAI. So far, I thing it was a waste of money as I haven't noticed much in fuel economy or HP increase. I hope someone comes up with a super Charger for the automatic with a CARB approval....

I dont think any pentastar power mod is carb approved. But RIPP is pending currently

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I dont think any pentastar power mod is carb approved. But RIPP is pending currently
    Do you think, with all that you know, the automatic tranny issues will be sorted out? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by switz View Post
    Do you think, with all that you know, the automatic tranny issues will be sorted out? Thanks!
    can you go to another state and get the unit installed, then go back to CA?

Unfortunately, no. Here is wonderful California, we have to get smog inspections prior to renewing the registration. With a new vehicle, I believe they give you several years but eventually, everyone has to do it. If you fail, no registration and your vehicle can be towed and impounded.

Quote Originally Posted by switz View Post
    I would make sure whoever you end up buying from, they SWEAR that you will not have a shifting issue. If you do...refund.

Has anyone here with the ripp experience a squeeky belt after a couple of thousand miles ? I put 4000 on my ripp 3.6 and it sounds like my belt is squeeling away now any body have an issue ?