Close

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Can anyone figure out the actual 0-60 for a Pentastar Rubicon?

The 0-60s im finding from chrysler are with lower gearing.

This place is a pretty good resource for specs on jeeps.something happened Gotta go back and check what is wrong.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com
    Just fill in the jeep you want and you can get specs on it for all speeds.

I see 9.3 seconds on this page with 3.73s.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    This place is a pretty good resource for specs on jeeps.something happened Gotta go back and check what is wrong.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com
    Just fill in the jeep you want and you can get specs on it for all speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Each unit does give the truck the air that something incredible is lurking under the hood.

The Magnuson is very understated. Thats going to be their calling card, until you hit the gas. Here are the two grills side by side.

Attachment 139 Attachment 140

The RIPP unit is more "in your face". You could walk by the MAG and not think there was anything special going on. Complete Sleeper.

With RIPP you can tell a mile away that your not dealing with the normal JK. There is a monster living under the hood. And that intercooler is the only warning you can see from a distance.

Here are the full noses.

Attachment 141 Attachment 142

As far as picking a winner here, its going to come down to your personal taste. However for overall coolness, the victory in this category goes to RIPP

Coolness Winner: RIPP
    Here's a comment from Gunner in our blog. -

The Maggie looks like an A/C unit. The Ripp looks B/A. That said I would most likely spray them black to keep it low profile from thieves. I had a GMC Typhoon back in the day. It used the water to air. The unit needed lots of airflow to not get hot. The faster guys switched to air to air for drags and high speed stuff. I am looking forward to how it holds up during your first summer. I am betting on the air to air having cooler intake temps when your running in traffic. Plus the Blower is right on top of the engine where the ripp is in the air flow from the radiator. It is going to be interesting.

Let's see those videos and stats, so we can pull the trigger. Great work you guys are doing

Thanks!

The 0-60 vid should be out later today. Im trying to juggle my day job and finish editing.

Here's the head to head 0-60 video. Tell us what you think.

Last edited by JeepLab; 02-26-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Next up im going to lay the dyno charts on top of one another so we can see the exact differences at different RPM

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Next up im going to lay the dyno charts on top of one another so we can see the exact differences at different RPM
    Looking forward to the numbers, and curves.

That should only take about 5 minutes :-p

You know you can load multiple run files into WinPEP at the same time to view multiple runs on the same chart? Open all relevant files into WinPEP, take a screenshot, post to the forum... DONE! Maybe include the stock dyno run in there too for a direct comparison between all 3.