Close

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    Has anyone tried the hi alt. pulley on a 3.6 at sea level conditions?
    I've had the smaller pulley on for awhile, pretty much as soon as they came out with it. On the gauge it shows about 3lbs more boost wound out and shows the boost coming on at a much lower rpm. This is a 3.6 manual btw. In the seat of the pants you do feel a difference and worth the few bucks. As for changing the pulley, it's pretty easy. Just use a puller and it takes about a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfighter View Post
    I've had the smaller pulley on for awhile, pretty much as soon as they came out with it. On the gauge it shows about 3lbs more boost wound out and shows the boost coming on at a much lower rpm. This is a 3.6 manual btw. In the seat of the pants you do feel a difference and worth the few bucks. As for changing the pulley, it's pretty easy. Just use a puller and it takes about a minute.
    LOL, not a wrench?

have you got a sound byte of the hi alt? Ill post standard alt next to it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    LOL, not a wrench?

have you got a sound byte of the hi alt? Ill post standard alt next to it.
    No sound bytes, don't have'm. Wrench? I didn't think I would have to go from beginning to end here. Nuts and bolts is all but if you really need the details then an impact wrench is a must. Spin the nut off. Put the puller on and crank it to until the pulley comes off. Carefully tap the pulley down with a piece of wood and use a thread locker when u re-torque the nut. Re-install and possibly reprogram. It's that simple. Now if you want to get really crazy install a catch can too. You won't believe the amount of oil you get going into your intake. The catch can install will probably take longer to do. Good luck

I'd like to change to the smaller pulley but being afraid lifting the head or spinning a bearing or worse blowing a rod. As far as a catch can I have one, if you install one be sure to plumb it into both pcv lines from the left bank and right bank on the engine

As far as a catch can I have one, if you install one be sure to plumb it into both pcv lines from the left bank and right bank on the engine
    I hope you mean to use 2 separate catch cans: one for each hose. Definitely don't want to run both hoses through one shared catch can, or else you'll have a vacuum (and boost) leak and won't be drawing fresh air through the crankcase.

Blog Entries
    I'd like to change to the smaller pulley but being afraid lifting the head or spinning a bearing or worse blowing a rod. As far as a catch can I have one, if you install one be sure to plumb it into both pcv lines from the left bank and right bank on the engine
    I really don't see the extra 3lbs of boost being too much of a future problem, if it does detonate the motor than an excuse to drop a 5.7 would almost be legit. Damn that's almost not funny. Anyway, the double catch can I think would be excessive and more hoses. I'm not happy now with the cob web around the motor. As for the plumbing in is pretty simple. I believe somewhere in these forums is what I used as a diagram. I should probably post a pick because I didn't put mine where most put their can. Mines in the front beside the alternator. If I wasn't ashamed of my hosing I probably would

if it does detonate the motor than an excuse to drop a 5.7 would almost be legit
    The 5.7 hemi isn't really worth the money for the conversion from the 3.6 Pentastar, especially if you're coming from a supercharged Pentastart. 5.7 Hemi only makes about 230 hp at the wheels in a Wrangler. Only about 40 hp more than the stock Pentastar, and substantially less than a supercharged Pentastar. That would be a $20k downgrade from a supercharged Pentastar. If you're going to do a V8 conversion, go for a 6.2 LS or 6.4 Hemi.

Anyway, the double catch can I think would be excessive and more hoses.
    I agree that a single catch can (on the make-up air hose! not the PCV hose!) is perfectly adequate, to reduce oil vapors going into the intake during high engine load/boost conditions.

Blog Entries
    N
    Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    The 5.7 hemi isn't really worth the money for the conversion from the 3.6 Pentastar, especially if you're coming from a supercharged Pentastart. 5.7 Hemi only makes about 230 hp at the wheels in a Wrangler. Only about 40 hp more than the stock Pentastar, and substantially less than a supercharged Pentastar. That would be a $20k downgrade from a supercharged Pentastar. If you're going to do a V8 conversion, go for a 6.2 LS or 6.4 N

I agree that a single catch can (on the make-up air hose! not the PCV hose!) is perfectly adequate, to reduce oil vapors going into the intake during high engine load/boost conditions.
    Haha no I'm in no hurry to put a smal block in. Financially or even want to tackle it. Let's just say if the 3lbs of boost makes it blow than the 2 door jeep is gone and a 4 door will show up in the garage.....which isn't cheaper but damn at this point stock and untouched would be less stressful.

Well that's the reason why I want to triple check before I up the boost. If the motor does let go I'm screwed out a vehicle being this jk is my daily

Blog Entries
    Well that's the reason why I want to triple check before I up the boost. If the motor does let go I'm screwed out a vehicle being this jk is my daily
    You already took the plunge with the blower. You'll be ok with the smaller pulley. But then again I am the guy who overtightens everything till it breaks so what do I know. Go for it. Thank me later