Close

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I learned a little about weight vs. time with 0-60 testing, and the lesson was that 100 lbs = .10 seconds.

Never mind the company who's 3.6 sc I already have had for months just convinced me to never buy from them again. Since they are on their 2nd tune on the jku and still can't get it right. I could even live with that, as I understand that the product is new. Even though their test jku is the exact same setup and they claim it's reliability is superior. Anyways what sealed the deal was I have left messages beginning over a month ago via phone and email and have yet to be contacted. Yet when I inquired about purchasing a second sc kit my call was returned within the hour....

Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post
    Never mind the company who's 3.6 sc I already have had for months just convinced me to never buy from them again. Since they are on their 2nd tune on the jku and still can't get it right. I could even live with that, as I understand that the product is new. Even though their test jku is the exact same setup and they claim it's reliability is superior. Anyways what sealed the deal was I have left messages beginning over a month ago via phone and email and have yet to be contacted. Yet when I inquired about purchasing a second sc kit my call was returned within the hour....
    Don't give up hope. Pm me your details and I'll try to help you get it sorted out. Any sc is too expensive to not be happy with the purchase.

Oh I'm working on it now, just saying I won't be getting anything else from them because once they got paid they quit being responsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post
    Oh I'm working on it now, just saying I won't be getting anything else from them because once they got paid they quit being responsive.
    That seems fairly abnormal for any company. Hopefully you PM'd Ross; I know he'd help try to figure out what happened.

Thoughts on the 0-60 test

Ok this test is in the books. Here's what you can't tell from the video -

The two units run almost the same time. How they run it is different. The power delivery with the Magnuson with their torque curve is different from the RIPP. Both are very fast. The Mag is like a freight train the moment you hit the gas. Power is even and seems to build endlessly. You can see that from their horsepower curve that we couldn't get to "crest" at 6500 rpm. (in the magnuson thread)

The RIPP on the other hand is more finesse power as you mash the gas pedal. More delicate at first, then the power build over 3k rpm is steeper than the Magnuson for more of a "shot out of a canon" feeling.

Had the trucks been side by side, I think the Mag would have lept out in front at first, and then the RIPP would have closed the gap as the blower goes nuts in the higher side of the RPM band.

As far as who would win a race? I think it would come down to the pilot.

Have you or anyone else on here run the ripp on a 3.6 auto with gears?

Ross (RIPP)'s sahara tan JK is an auto with 4.88s I could get info on that if there is something specific you want to know

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Ross (RIPP)'s sahara tan JK is an auto with 4.88s I could get info on that if there is something specific you want to know
    4.56 here and it shifts fine in 'manual' mode, but when left in D and full throttle it hesitates when shifting in all except when going from first to aecond. This hesitation is only at full throttle, but last as long as it takes to completely unspool the vortech. I've already contacted ripp already multiple times and even pulled the tune out and reinstalled it. They suggested it was the procal so I pulled it and reinstalled it. No change either time. This 1-2 second stall isn't very welcome when passing. I have a short video of it if I can load it I will.
    Last edited by Deola; 03-03-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Works great with auto stick and 4.56s though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by Deola; 03-07-2014 at 08:30 PM.