Close

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    They really turn out to be close to even. What you gain with RIPP high, you gain with MAG low. Hard to pick a winner.

There is one loser... the hemi. I dont think the hemi's powerband would touch either of these.

We should work out a dollars per horsepower ratio and see who comes out on top.....Dollars per lb/ft torque?

Any more impressions of the magnuson unit as a daily driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Anotheruserid View Post
    Any more impressions of the magnuson unit as a daily driver?
    Sure, its better now than before. We got a new tune recently, and the only problem that seems to remain in a "surging" at crusing speed. it feels like the driver is touching the gas and letting go, over and over, but he's not.

Im assuming it should be ironed out soon. but other than that, its a beast.

And here are 2 sound bytes with my recent additions.

An intake is a must for the magnuson. Before the intake, I hardly even heard it. The untrained ear would not have known there was a beast under my hood. Well, they know now!

Check this guy out!

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Sure, its better now than before. We got a new tune recently, and the only problem that seems to remain in a "surging" at crusing speed. it feels like the driver is touching the gas and letting go, over and over, but he's not.

Im assuming it should be ironed out soon. but other than that, its a beast.
    Hi All. I'm new to JeepLab but have been following along for a while now. I just finished installing the Magnuson S/C on my 2013 JKU. I'm working out the "kinks" now and I'm wondering how often you get updated tune files from Magnuson? My original tune file was missing ETC tables (thank Diablosport for noticing!). Mag sent me a new tune file and all seems OK. I notice some things like slight drop-out of throttle response at certain accelerator positions, a really "tall" fourth gear during highway on-ramp acceleration. It would be great to get any updates to tune files.

Thanks,

BTW - the Magnuson supercharger is has been a pleasure on my daily driver. I added an AFE cold air intake.

Quote Originally Posted by gbaumann View Post
    BTW - the Magnuson supercharger is has been a pleasure on my daily driver. I added an AFE cold air intake.
    do you experience the surging trottle at crusing highway speed?