Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Finally got my Mopar High Top Fenders!

Finally got my Mopar High Top fenders in. I attempted to have them painted to match the gloss black of the Jeep, but everyone said the paint would not stick well to this plastic material and would not guarantee any work. I then tried to use truck bedliner on it, and sure enough, the stuff just wouldn't stick, it just peeled off when it was dry. Oh well, I have too many other things to deal with than to worry about this, so I just slapped them on and moved on with my life.

In all, they raised the fender line by 2" and gave me 1" extra of coverage. My only complaint is I wish they didn't have the front of the front fenders protrude out so much, I wish they were back from the front of the vehicle maybe 1/2" from what they designed. Other than that, I like them as they totally look stock and yet give it a bit more of an aggressive look. More importantly, I shouldn't get any more fender rub, which I'm hoping to test out soon. Looks like I have enough room now to go up 38" Toyo's on my next go-around ;-)

Here's some before/afters (sorry, the some of the before's were literally a year ago, I was too busy to snap before pics just before I swapped them.)

(Hint: If you have a hard time seeing the difference, look at the hip line in the back where it meets the top, and also look at my stickers in front to see how much they are covered up.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new side.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	1739

Name:	old side.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	1740

Name:	new front2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	1741

Name:	old front.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	1742
    Last edited by Timmy; 09-25-2016 at 10:44 PM.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.