Close

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoGoat View Post
    I wonder how soon after release will the intercooler kit be avaiable?
    really at this point I wouldnt venture to guess. might be quick once they start laying out this first stage....

Man I hope so. If not i may have to consider goin with one of the supercharger kits as I'm ready (or want) some sort of FAI on my 2014 Jk today. I'm a little bummed out as I've patiently waited for this kit, that it's not being released as a whole kit from the get go!

I was preparing to buy a RIPP when they were getting ready to start selling it (back in September last year). Then I found out about vague mentions of Prodigy working on a turbo kit. I've held off on buying a RIPP this long to weigh my options before spending a large chunk of cash. At least wait another 2 weeks or so to hopefully get an idea of when the upgrade options will become available, what the actual benefits will be, etc.

Especially now that we have JeepLab getting ready to do testing/comparison of RIPP, Magnuson and Prodigy, it would be almost foolish to make a decision right now. It's very rare to have access to first-hand experience with direct comparisons between multiple major aftermarket options like this.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post

I was preparing to buy a RIPP when they were getting ready to start selling it (back in September last year). Then I found out about vague mentions of Prodigy working on a turbo kit. I've held off on buying a RIPP this long to weigh my options before spending a large chunk of cash. At least wait another 2 weeks or so to hopefully get an idea of when the upgrade options will become available, what the actual benefits will be, etc.

Especially now that we have JeepLab getting ready to do testing/comparison of RIPP, Magnuson and Prodigy, it would be almost foolish to make a decision right now. It's very rare to have access to first-hand experience with direct comparisons between multiple major aftermarket options like this.
    This guy gets it.

Each power mod so far has pros and cons. So far the turbo is supposed to make GOBS of power. What are the cons? Only one way to find out.

No dyno results posted on Prodigy's website or Facebook yet

I hope there weren't any problems with the dyno testing yesterday.

No dyno results posted on Prodigy's website or Facebook yet

I hope there weren't any problems with the dyno testing yesterday.

No dyno testing problems. Ive been on the phone with prodigy all morning, the dyno testing was a success.

Numbers are coming, Ive been told what they are, but they asked me to wait for the dyno chart so they can post it with their logo. Numbers are impressive.

Heres what else I learned today-

Auto - Stage 1 only ready for release
    Manual - Stage 1 AND 2 will be ready for release

Manual trans and auto have different obstacles for install, mainly that the auto has the tranny cooler by the radiator that MAY need to be relocated. This presents a current issue to be solved for the stage 2 kits for autos.

Manual trans will have the stage 2 available from the outset, this is the turbo AND intercooler set up. This is not the set up they dyno'd last night, it was a stage 1 on an auto. It IS the unit we will be testing as all our test trucks are manual trans.

In short, our unit is in production right now and as soon as the pipes cool, its going into a box to ship. We are shooting for the weekend of the 12th. May end up the 19th as it has to be a saturday for us.

As of right now, we are expecting the Prodigy guys to fly to NJ to install with us. WHOA!

If they're flying out for the install, why bother shipping the kit? They can just bring the kit as carry-on luggage, cradling the precious cargo in their laps to ensure timely and safe delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Manual trans will have the stage 2 available from the outset, this is the turbo AND intercooler set up. This is not the set up they dyno'd last night, it was a stage 1 on an auto.
    Have you been given any info about how much of an improvement to expect from stage 2? Or how long until they'll get official dyno results for stage 2?

If they're flying out for the install, why bother shipping the kit? They can just bring the kit as carry-on luggage, cradling the precious cargo in their laps to ensure timely and safe delivery.

Have you been given any info about how much of an improvement to expect from stage 2? Or how long until they'll get official dyno results for stage 2?
    They are installing the first stage 2 right now on a second jeep. It will be tested this coming week, then we are next.

It sure takes a long time to put a logo on a dyno chart...

Just posted a few minutes ago on Prodigy's facebook page with the description "Good news...":