Close

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    My question is, isnt pushing the air that long of a distance, reducing the psi at the intake?
    That's the generalization. Longer pipe between the compressor and the engine intake means lower pressure and more lag. I've seen mixed reports/opinions about STS remote-mount turbo systems. Some people say lag is noticeably worse than front-mounted turbos (like the Prodigy), others say that STS does a good job of choosing turbo size and pipe size to make lag not an issue.

I've read elsewhere that the length of exhaust pipe between the engine and the turbine has a bigger impact on lag. I'm pretty sure the Prodigy exhaust piping is quite a bit shorter than the STS.

I think only a head-to-head Prodigy vs STS comparison can answer this conclusively *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

Quote Originally Posted by DHewes View Post
    So for the Prodigy kit, this is the $159 option for auto transmission guys?

http://www.prodigyperformance.com/pr...p/pro-2050.htm
    That's it. The website is not the best, and they don't seem to list all options on the website (air filter color, turbo blanket color, polished turbo, etc.), so I highly recommend calling and talking to them to get full details of what's available if you are interested in purchasing.

I am absolutely purchasing but want to wait for the Stage 2 kit with the intercooler for my auto equipped JKU. (Ain't nobody got time to shift AND text)

If you purchase a stage 1 kit, they will let you upgrade to stage 2 when available for exactly the price difference between stage 1 and 2 (for a limited time). So you can enjoy stage 1 while waiting for stage 2 with no financial penalty Call to discuss details of this deal just to be sure it will work with the longer timeline of the stage 2 kit for automatic trans.

Stage 1 kits are not going to ship out next week

They had to make a minor modification to the exhaust cross-over pipe, so they have to wait for new production pipes to be made. The goal is now to start shipping early in the week of the 12th.

The intercooler for stage 2 is still getting some design refinement. We may hear more about stage 2 late next week.

I'm also getting some complete specs on the turbo itself. It's not an off-the-shelf stock turbo from Garrett, so it has been specifically configured for this application

How about some pictures of exhaust pipes?

Here's where the Prodigy downpipe connects back up with the stock exhaust system (driver side):

This is the downpipe coming down from the front of the engine (driver side). You can also see a glimpse of the driver side head pipe (right edge of photo) that drops down and crosses over to the passenger side.

And here's the cross-over pipe viewed from the passenger side, connecting up with passenger side head pipe:

I have a forced induction boner

Quote Originally Posted by Anotheruserid View Post
    I have a forced induction boner
    I couldnt have said it better. Im pretty sure we all do.

Prodigy is still on track to start shipping stage 1 kits early next week. Hopefully there's no more delays. It's still possible that I could have mine in time to install on May 17th

I'm trying hard to not go insane from the wait...

Some info about the turbo itself...

It's based on the Garrett "T04S" (part# 465981-0002): http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...&Category_Code

It has a proprietary (trade secret) configuration specifically for use in the Prodigy kit. It's unknown whether the proprietary configuration is based on standard options, or whether it is a completely unique non-standard configuration.

Turbo part numbers are a mystery to me. Trying to search for more info on "T04S" or "465981-0002" seems to lead me to somewhat similar but different turbos, none of them with full specs.

Slow week for Prodigy news, but here's something. The startup splash screen on the pre-loaded Diablosport InTune:

link: https://www.facebook.com/prodigyperf...28332513927052