Close

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Can't wait to hear JeepLabs initial impressions about driveability. I hope things work out for an install on the 12th

For the Auto guys, a concern of mine is under hood temps without the intercooler kit.? I'm of the opinion that intercooler will vital to the JK.

I'd be willing to bet that the stage 1 kit is setup with lower boost to be safe without the intercooler. It's only 5 psi boost. I predict 8+ psi for stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoGoat View Post
    For the Auto guys, a concern of mine is under hood temps without the intercooler kit.? I'm of the opinion that intercooler will vital to the JK.
    Im an intercooler fan also... They look soooooo cool in the grill.

Screams - "Not Stock"

im less concerned about underhood temps, as the prodigy guys are working out custom blankets for the new unit.

Btw. There was no visit to the drag strip yesterday. That may happen late next week now after they have a kit installed on a manual transmission jeep. The plan plan is to install stage 1 on it, get results, then upgrade to stage 2 and get results again.

JeepLab: are you on track to install on the 12th, or is it up in the air still?

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Btw. There was no visit to the drag strip yesterday. That may happen late next week now after they have a kit installed on a manual transmission jeep. The plan plan is to install stage 1 on it, get results, then upgrade to stage 2 and get results again.

JeepLab: are you on track to install on the 12th, or is it up in the air still?
    Nothing is set until the box arrives.

Also, its good to note, you do NOT want to rush a power mod like this one. The prodigy guys would be CRAZY to release before they are ready. The people with the first units will be the ones that the next thousand are listening to about power gain, drive ability, the pentastar's durability with the heat and boost created by this monster.

Weather or not these things sell, will depend on those people's experiences.

We know these guys know what they are doing, and we know they made huge power with the 3.8 which was a pig on its best day, so the cards are stacked that this mod will be groundbreaking, but rushing it is a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post

Also, its good to note, you do NOT want to rush a power mod like this one. The prodigy guys would be CRAZY to release before they are ready. The people with the first units will be the ones that the next thousand are listening to about power gain, drive ability, the pentastar's durability with the heat and boost created by this monster.

Weather or not these things sell, will depend on those people's experiences.

We know these guys know what they are doing, and we know they made huge power with the 3.8 which was a pig on its best day, so the cards are stacked that this mod will be groundbreaking, but rushing it is a mistake.
    Mistake is right.

If these guys put out a unit that damages trucks, or melts something vital in the engine bay, they will be out of business. No one knows that better than the guys at prodigy, and Ripp and Magnuson. They have to double check and triple check, and then beat on it like no one who buys it will ever do.

The have to be sure. The alternative is a catastrophe.

We want it now, (im personally chomping at the bit), But as much as I want it now, and to see the testing and install, I also want it good as this is a mod that may find its way into my garage.

Has the box begun its journey yet? Based on what you posted on Thursday, I would have expected it to be shipped out yesterday (unless there were other components aside from the pipes that are not ready to box/ship yet):

our unit is in production right now and as soon as the pipes cool, its going into a box to ship.

I agree with the rest of you that Prodigy should by no means rush this kit.
    Ross- Do you know where Ripp mounts or relocates the transmission cooler on the 3.6 Autos?

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoGoat View Post
    I agree with the rest of you that Prodigy should by no means rush this kit.
    Ross- Do you know where Ripp mounts or relocates the transmission cooler on the 3.6 Autos?
    All our test trucks are manual trans. I sent a text, so ill let you know when i get an answer.