Close

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

I recently figured out that I'm almost 100% sure I can afford the kit right about now, based on what I know so far about possible pricing (got some extra cash via referral bonuses at work!). I still need final pricing info to determine whether I can get ceramic coated pipes and a blacked-out intercooler though...

Pickles- do you know if the AFE Y-pipe is compatible with the 3.6 turbo kit?

I think it's safe to say that the AFE Y-pipe will be incompatible. That entire section of the stock exhaust will be replaced with the turbo kit. It has its own 2-into-1 pipie heading up toward the turbo in front of the engine. Then a single pipe heads down from the turbo and back to connect with the remainder of the stock exhaust.

I haven't seen how the pipes are routed in the 3.6 kit yet, but I think it will be along the same lines as the 3.8 kit pictured here:

Ok thanks! Just trying to plan ahead. I also am going to pull the trigger on this kit! I can't wait! I talked to prodogy yesterday and they gave me a ETA of 3-4 weeks. I was leaning toward the maggy but feel the turbo better suits my needs.

I sure hope they announce all the details sooner than 3-4 weeks!

Ross, are you withholding any good info?

It's taking longer than I expected for any official info to start coming out. I've emailed a couple questions about the lack of BOV and about the anti-surge compressor, but I've gotten no responses at all. It doesn't really seem worth bothering them with a phone call about these things when all the basic details of the kit haven't even been announced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    I sure hope they announce all the details sooner than 3-4 weeks!

Ross, are you withholding any good info?

It's taking longer than I expected for any official info to start coming out. I've emailed a couple questions about the lack of BOV and about the anti-surge compressor, but I've gotten no responses at all. It doesn't really seem worth bothering them with a phone call about these things when all the basic details of the kit haven't even been announced yet.
    I dont have any more info than you at this point.

I thought the kit being available to the public so fast was optimistic when they told me they wouldn't release pics, and hadn't been complete with the mock up to mass produce the pipes required.

This stuff has to be right when they sell it, so rushing it at this point when both superchargers are already in the market does not make sense.

The plan is good, and should work fine, but they have to put in the time and effort to make sure an idiot can install it.

That means good pictures and instructions that can be difficult for people who know turbos and engines as well as these guys do. Their advanced brains become an obstacle when writing instructions, because they already know so much, it easy to assume that the standard person might know the basics, when the standard person might not.

It all takes time to do it right. As soon as they are confident that its ready...

Ok... things are starting to cook....

I got the message after they were closed today...

I need to get a confirmation on some point before spilling the beans. Ill spill them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I got the message after they were closed today...

I need to get a confirmation on some point before spilling the beans. Ill spill them tomorrow.
    I believe its officially tomorrow! . But seriously..get your ducks in a row before firing.