Close

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I believe its officially tomorrow! . But seriously..get your ducks in a row before firing.
    good advice.

still waiting on confirmation

I should have confirmation on on a Turbo shipping date next monday.

That was quite anti-climactic. Is that all the beans you have to spill?

It really was...

Id gotten an email that suggested that the prodigy guys might come here to do the install on camera with us.

That was what I was trying to confirm. As of now Im not sure whats happening as far as weather they are coming to NJ, but the part that was cleared up is that I should expect a shipping date early next week.

That could work out nicely if they were there for the install, especially if they observe more than help. It would be like usability testing, where they could make note of any confusion/uncertainty you run into during the install and use it to improve their instructions. It would also be nice to have them right there to directly discuss the various concerns that have come up (under-hood heat, hot-side of the turbo so close to plastic parts, etc), and any other questions you come up with during the install and initial test drives.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    That could work out nicely if they were there for the install, especially if they observe more than help. It would be like usability testing, where they could make note of any confusion/uncertainty you run into during the install and use it to improve their instructions. It would also be nice to have them right there to directly discuss the various concerns that have come up (under-hood heat, hot-side of the turbo so close to plastic parts, etc), and any other questions you come up with during the install and initial test drives.
    agreed. It would be excellent to have them here with us. I was shocked that it was even a possibility. They are trying to crank out these kits as fast as they can, to take the time to work a FLIGHT into that schedule would be incredible.

Even if they don't end up here with us, we will be using the instructions from a rookie point of view, and if there is anything we find to be unclear or worthy or retooling, we will make them a list. We do that for all our installs.

This is finally happening....

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    This is finally happening....
    I, for one, hope they make it out in-person. It would give them a massive head start, potentially saving weeks or even months of back and forth with early consumers with unanticipated install issues. New photos for updated instructions, clarifications on hard to understand portions, an install "video" perhaps for youtube (one of the most useful things EVER) that everyone would refer to, etc.

That being said, it would be a huge effort for them to come out.

*fingers crossed*

When this does actually happen, you guys should block non-members from the turbo content.

Make some of these lurkers make accounts and get in the game... This site has soooo many "silent watchers".

Get onboard EVERYONE!

That would be about as effective as news websites that require an account to read their articles. Depending on how they block access, I simply hack around it, or just go somewhere else

There's really no reason to block non-members from viewing content, unless the cost of bandwidth is prohibitive. Viewers generate ad revenue, regardless of whether they are logged-in. Non-member viewers that like what they see spread the word to others that may become contributing members, or at least more ad-revenue-generating viewers.