Close

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Here are the charts. -

This is a Stage 1, non-intercooled, setup.
    Tests run at high RPM due to the fact it was an automatic transmission.
    Torque over 340.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1 (8).jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	618

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Here are the charts. -

This is a Stage 1, non-intercooled, setup.
    Tests run at high RPM due to the fact it was an automatic transmission.
    Torque over 340.

Name:	photo 1 (8).jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	618
    Second Chart

Name:	Prodigy turbo Jeep Dyno chart.jpg 
Views:	803 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	619

350 horsepower and torque is impressive. I can't wait to see the stage 2! Cool that air down a bit and who knows. How do they get air through the intercooler on a dyno? Just a big fan? Ambient air temperature at the test site would make all the difference.

Stage 2 testing will be done with a manual transmission, so they'll be able to get a dyno chart covering the whole rpm range. Can't wait to see that.

Jesse's Girl is our planned Turbo Jeep.

Lets hope her tires dont melt on the dyno.

A few extra tidbits of info in Prodigy's facebook post:

made 333rwhp and over 340rwtq on only 5lbs of boost with no intercooler! We will be able to graph the entire rpm window from 2k rpm next week when we put our 6spd on the Dyno. The auto Trans kept us from sampling the entire rpm window as it insisted on downshifting.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    And a little sample of the acceleration sounds: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    That thing is crazy... Turbos make BIG torque early. That torque line is off the charts. The tune is going to be the challenge. Its going to be hard to get that kind of power to be stable and "good". Its going to be like putting a bridal on a missile.

I'm not expecting this turbo to make big torque at low rpm. Notice that chart starts around 4000 rpm. I think this turbo is probably sized for big mid range torque. We have to wait for the dyno results of the stick shift to see what the low rpm range looks like.
    Last edited by UselessPickles; 04-04-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    I'm not expecting this turbo to make big torque at low rpm. Notice that chart starts around 4000 rpm. I this turbo is probably sized for big mid range torque. We have to wait for the dyno results of the stick shift to see what the low rpm range looks like.
    The line is steep but goes straight to 340 and then stays there. Dare I say this may be the new power mod to beat?

and I agree with pznivy, I dont know how they are going to get a handle on THIS much power.

And that chart is the WEAKEST option they will offer.