Close

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Turbo for my bunghole?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Pickles is usually such an ice cold machine of facts and figures.
    This is what happens when I run out of facts and figures to talk about. I thrive on data. I think I'm related to this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj-qBUWOYfE

Sitting here with a 2014 Rubicon X Unlimited with a whole 522 miles on it...ready to buy the Maggy and now I find this thread. I have no fingernails left after reading the 16 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by DHewes View Post
    Sitting here with a 2014 Rubicon X Unlimited with a whole 522 miles on it...ready to buy the Maggy and now I find this thread. I have no fingernails left after reading the 16 pages.
    16 pages and we havent even got the box yet! AAAAARRRRGHHH!

Speaking of 16 pages...

I hope a new thread is created when the box IS received. This thread is mostly speculation, rumor, etc. Receiving and unboxing seems like a nice starting point for a new thread about installation, actual details and answers.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Speaking of 16 pages...

I hope a new thread is created when the box IS received. This thread is mostly speculation, rumor, etc. Receiving and unboxing seems like a nice starting point for a new thread about installation, actual details and answers.
    Agreed. This is the build-up thread discussing the theoretical aspects and analyzing teaser pics. When the box comes, I think an actual build thread wouldn't be a bad idea. Lots of pictures off all aspects of installation.

There's a rumor going around that there had been more delays, but that production of some pipes (or at least maybe a trial run) was going to happen on this past Saturday. I'm starting that rumor right now. Here's hoping that the pipe production is the last hurdle to shipping out JeepLab's kit, and that it went smoothly.

Prodigy also posted a baseline dyno chart from their 6spd manual Jeep on Facebook this weekend:

It looks strange to me. The high torque numbers (200 ft-lbs, vs the typical ~170 ft-lbs) could be just a matter of different dynos I suppose. They have clarified that it was a 4th gear pull and that the OEM speed limiter prevented them from running it up to redline. This explains why the chart only goes up to about 5300 rpm. JeepLab ran into this same issue in their supercharger shootout thread.

What doesn't make sense to me is how the torque and power drop off in their chart. Even with the speed limiter, JeepLab's torque was nearly steady in the baseline run, and power kept climbing to the end. They haven't yet commented on that aspect of their chart.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    There's a rumor going around that there had been more delays, but that production of some pipes (or at least maybe a trial run) was going to happen on this past Saturday. I'm starting that rumor right now. Here's hoping that the pipe production is the last hurdle to shipping out JeepLab's kit, and that it went smoothly.

Prodigy also posted a baseline dyno chart from their 6spd manual Jeep on Facebook this weekend:

It looks strange to me. The high torque numbers (200 ft-lbs, vs the typical ~170 ft-lbs) could be just a matter of different dynos I suppose. They have clarified that it was a 4th gear pull and that the OEM speed limiter prevented them from running it up to redline. This explains why the chart only goes up to about 5300 rpm. JeepLab ran into this same issue in their supercharger shootout thread.

What doesn't make sense to me is how the torque and power drop off in their chart. Even with the speed limiter, JeepLab's torque was nearly steady in the baseline run, and power kept climbing to the end. They haven't yet commented on that aspect of their chart.
    Jess just reminded me that this weekend is easter also. I havent heard from prodigy for a confirmation that we are building this weekend.

And Jeep Beach is the following weekend. I know Prodigy intends to be there. Looks like we may have to wait until early May

I hope not. The suspense is truly killing me.

I think im developing a facial tick and my hair is falling out.

Any news? I need to take a break from harassing them before they apply for a restraining order.

Last I heard was that they planned to install the turbo kit on a 6spd manual yesterday.

I also got this in response to my questions about the strange baseline dyno chart:
    We will publish results of the dyno after the next pull with the Turbo Kit installed. More explanations at that point.