Close

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Any news? I need to take a break from harassing them before they apply for a restraining order.

Last I heard was that they planned to install the turbo kit on a 6spd manual yesterday.

I also got this in response to my questions about the strange baseline dyno chart:

The most recent correspondence i got stated that we were getting pushed into May.

Nothing solid and I'm trying to figure it out right now. EJS and Jeep Beach are killing me right now.

Speaking of EJS, Jeep beach and turbos...

Fortec 4x4 put a Prodigy Turbo (the existing 3.8 version) on the Jeep that they are taking to those events: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

They said it performed "flawlessly" on the first day at Moab: https://www.facebook.com/FortecJeep/...51952471765356

This is the first time I've heard of someone seriously off-roading with a turbo kit, so we'll finally find out if a turbo is a bad idea for off-roading like most people claim it would be.

Glad to hear it seems to be working well in moab even if it is the 3.8.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeofJeep View Post
    Glad to hear it seems to be working well in moab even if it is the 3.8.
    cant hide problems in Moab, when you are on the trail, there are 50 rigs, and everyone has a camera. Break down? no way to keep it a secret.

Fortec posted that their week in Moab has come to an end, so I asked for thoughts on the turbo off-road:

we can't quite say we were all that impressed with the turbo off-road. In some cases, it actually works against us. The turbo spools at a higher rpm when what we actually need is lower end torque. However... We all agree that the turbo certainly got us to the trails much quicker! We are definitely impressed with it's on road performance. Dyno readings confirmed close to double stock HP.
    I asked for clarification about how it "works against them":

it was just a matter of throttle control. When crawling, it's a fine line between keeping the rpms where you need them when negotiating an obstacle, and not have the turbo spool up and lurch you forward. It just takes a little getting used to. Overall, we were satisfied with the performance.
    Just for context, this is the kind of off-roading and crawling they are talking about:

More here: https://www.facebook.com/FortecJeep/...51956731850356

Also, I'm really hoping that Prodigy will have more details to announce by mid next week. It must be high priority right now for them to have info to advertise their new kit(s) at Jeep Beach next week.

This thread is starting to lose me.

Come on already!

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    This thread is starting to lose me.

Come on already!
    Hang in there. We're pretty much freaked out waiting for this to happen as well, but worrying doesn't make the turbo arrive any faster! Its been a crazy few weeks with Jeep events. Fortunately, they do come to a relative calm in the next few weeks. Meanwhile, we'll continue to prepare as best we can.

Sounds like things are on the brink of completion, but Jeep Beach is delaying some things until next week. There may be some new info published in the next few days, though.

I got an answer about ceramic coating the exhaust pipes: "We are not planning on offering this as an option at this point. Maybe in the future, but will be expensive."

Looks like I'll have to take the pipes to a local coating shop for a quote after I get my kit. I was hoping to have a quote for coating BEFORE ordering so I could make appropriate decisions. I might be able to afford only stage 1 + coating and have to save up for stage 2 later. I guess I'll have to start with stage 1, get a quote for coating, then if I can afford the stage 2 upgrade up front still, then order the stage 2 upgrade while pipes are getting coated. Having the turbo in-hand potentially for weeks while waiting for coating and/or a second shipment will be painful.

Still waiting for pricing of the stage 1 and 2 kits too. Too many unknowns for me to have any idea what I'll be able to afford right now.

Just talked to Prodigy. Based on their testing, they feel that ceramic coating is unnecessary and would not be worth the cost if the main goal is just to control heat.

Also got some retail pricing for the manual transmission kits. He asked what year before giving prices, so all I know for sure is that these prices are valid for a 2013 with manual transmission.
    (sorry, didn't ask about automatic, but he did mention in an earlier conversation that automatic will cost more)

Stage 1:
    No intercooler
    5psi boost
    $5099

Stage 2:
    Intercooler
    9psi boost
    $6099

Stage 3:
    MORE BOOST (no details yet)
    $7099

Turbo blanket: $179