Close

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Here is a shot of the latest install.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1932.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	696

That's a PRODUCTION stage 1 kit on a manual transmission jeep . No more prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    That's a PRODUCTION stage 1 kit on a manual transmission jeep . No more prototype.
    Here's some more production stuff

Name:	TURBO BRO 2.jpg 
Views:	701 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	697

other side of the brochure

Name:	TURBO BRO 3.jpg 
Views:	691 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	698

the pile of gear they send isn't terribly intimidating from the bottom of the second picture. Only one way to find out.

Cool More info...

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    the pile of gear they send isn't terribly intimidating from the bottom of the second picture. Only one way to find out.
    Hey folks, I am the newbie on this blog. I have really enjoyed learning about the SC options and was just about to pull the trigger on a Magnuson for my 2014 JKU Rubicon....then I saw this! I wanted to add some additional color on this turbo. I had a good conversation this morning with Dan from Prodigy as he was driving down to Jeep Beach and he said that they should be shipping Stage 1 in the next 10-12 days. He said that they were taking deposits for those wanting to be ahead in the shipping que (I added my name to that list). In terms of pricing for the 3.6 auto, he said that Stage 1 would run $4999.00 and that he would sell Stage 2 when it becomes available for additional $1000.00. He also said that his crew was stoked to be coming to help the folks at JeepLab install this beauty with a full production video.

Can't wait to see the install!!

Keep up the great work Ross!

Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    they should be shipping Stage 1 in the next 10-12 days.
    The brochure says "now shipping stage 1".

It also says stage 1 is 7psi, but we previously heard it was 5psi.

Hooray for consistency.

I'm also still confused by the baseline stock dyno chart they are using.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    The brochure says "now shipping stage 1".
    I posted the brochure before they planned to release it. They are defiantly not shipping stage one right now, but should be soon.

Brochure says that the turbo is ceramic coated (guessing the turbine housing; the black part). That's cool.

I still want to get some clarification on the standard vs. polished compressor housing. I was told that the only benefit is appearance, but the polished housing also has anti-surge ports. The non-polished turbo pictured in the brochure does NOT have anti-surge ports. That must have some effect on performance. Not absolute peak power numbers, but it should have some effect on how it builds boost or retains spool under certain conditions that would have some effect on responsiveness.

I actually prefer the looks of the non-polished compressor, but would pay extra for the polished/ported housing if it improves throttle response.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I posted the brochure before they planned to release it. They are defiantly not shipping stage one right now, but should be soon.
    That is correct according to Dan at Prodigy. He said that they had actually just dropped off the order for the brochures at the printer as they were headed down to Daytona. One other piece of info Dan gave me was some numbers on the dyno for the automatic. He said that HP rose from 169 to 333 at the wheels and torque increased to 342. I did not write down the stock torque but we all know it is MUCH lower!