Close

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Stage 1 kit is listed for sale on Prodigy's website now: http://www.prodigyperformance.com/pr...p/pro-2001.htm

The Stage 1 kit listed does not specify manual or auto. Is it the same kit until you get to the intercooler (Stage 2)?

That seems like a reasonable assumption at this point. The only manual/automatic difference we've heard about is that the automatic will require a trans cooler relocation and/or a custom intercooler.

Then again, I would never order a big ticket item like this online based on assumptions. Better to call and get answers before ordering.

More info...

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    That seems like a reasonable assumption at this point. The only manual/automatic difference we've heard about is that the automatic will require a trans cooler relocation and/or a custom intercooler.

Then again, I would never order a big ticket item like this online based on assumptions. Better to call and get answers before ordering.
    Just put a deposit on a Stage 1 kit. Here are the numbers directly from Dan via email.

Turbo Kit $4999.99
    Auto Trans Kit $159.99
    Turbo Blanket $179.99 (Optional, but highly recommended)
    Total Cost for Stage 1 (Auto) with blanket = $5339.97

They are taking $2500 deposits on their website to get your name in the que. Got to www.prodigyperformance.com and search for "Prodigy Performance Deposit". You will then be able to put a deposit of $2500 down.

Dan's email stated they plan to ship the first units beginning the week of May 4th.

From Prodigy's facebook:

Don't miss this deal #turbojeep for 07-11 Stage 1 #gobig $3995 today through Monday

Wow, I need to learn to read better. That special price is for the 3.8 jeep only (07-11). Oops.

Are they suddenly way ahead of schedule on shipping? Posted on Facebook this morning:

2012-2013 Here we go! ‪#‎turbojeep‬ 3.6L Pentastar kits now shipping! $4995 ‪#‎gobig‬

Here's some pictures:

Can't wait to see JeepLab's dyno results

I don't quite trust Prodigy's dyno charts, especially their stock baseline. I still haven't gotten any explanation of why it is so different (both in shape and numbers) than all other stock wrangler dyno charts. Taken at face value, their dyno chart fails to back up their claim of "huge low end power", found on the first page of the brochure. Best thing to do now is have someone else (JeepLab) attempt to independently reproduce/verify results (science!).

Just a quick heads up, sts turbo are about to release their kit. The intriguing part is it's a oil less turbo. Anyways, just saying you might want to check that out as another option.

Here's a few more tidbits of info...

Catalytic converters are completely removed and replaced with pipe during the install. This is probably a major contributor to the turbo and exhaust piping not causing any under-hood heat issues. For states that require a catalytic converter, they will likely be providing an optional catalytic converter upgrade at some point in the future. For California people, there's no current effort to get CARB approval. It's "intended for off-road use" (wink, wink).

Turbo blankets are available in either matte black, or a "titanium" color (goldish color with a carbon-fiber-like pattern).

Air filters available in red or blue.

You can see the blanket and filter color options in the photos in my previous post.

Blow-off valve? Wes (the owner, tech guru at prodigy) has experience designing various performance systems, including 1000+ hp performance cars. For the Wrangler turbo application in particular, he sees no significant improvement in anything by adding a BOV. I think this is similar to the ceramic coating issue: a BOV would technically have some amount of benefit, but it's not necessary for this application and not worth the cost. I've seen opinions in both directions while trying to research online (no BOV is ok for low boost systems, or MUST ALWAYS HAVE A BOV NO MATTER WHAT!!!). I'm not an expert, so I'll have to trust Wes' judgment on this.

They're doing some more photo shoots this week to get some final photos for their installation guide. The current plan is to have it done by the end of the week.

Stage 1 kits are expected to start shipping out at the end of next week. Their facebook post of the brochure stating "stage 1 now shipping" seems to be a incorrect

Finally, there's a rumor that May 10th will be an exciting date.

I'm failing to follow my own advice of waiting to see the comparisons. I am weak. I placed my order today. These next couple weeks will be agonizing. I'm hoping for a May 17th install date.

Also...

JEEPLAB! Clear out your private messages (your inbox is full). Ross, I sent you an email at your jeeplab.com address. Please check.