Close

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anotheruserid View Post
    I have a forced induction boner
    I couldnt have said it better. Im pretty sure we all do.

How about some pictures of exhaust pipes?

Here's where the Prodigy downpipe connects back up with the stock exhaust system (driver side):

This is the downpipe coming down from the front of the engine (driver side). You can also see a glimpse of the driver side head pipe (right edge of photo) that drops down and crosses over to the passenger side.

And here's the cross-over pipe viewed from the passenger side, connecting up with passenger side head pipe:

Prodigy is still on track to start shipping stage 1 kits early next week. Hopefully there's no more delays. It's still possible that I could have mine in time to install on May 17th

I'm trying hard to not go insane from the wait...

Some info about the turbo itself...

It's based on the Garrett "T04S" (part# 465981-0002): http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...&Category_Code

It has a proprietary (trade secret) configuration specifically for use in the Prodigy kit. It's unknown whether the proprietary configuration is based on standard options, or whether it is a completely unique non-standard configuration.

Turbo part numbers are a mystery to me. Trying to search for more info on "T04S" or "465981-0002" seems to lead me to somewhat similar but different turbos, none of them with full specs.

Slow week for Prodigy news, but here's something. The startup splash screen on the pre-loaded Diablosport InTune:

link: https://www.facebook.com/prodigyperf...28332513927052

One thing about turbos is that at small throttle openings they are very benign. It requires some skinny pedal to make boost. A Maggie would provide the best small throttle response of the three I would guess. My experience is a bit dated but my 10-71 big blocks would tear your head off on ten pounds of boost with just a tap of the throttle. My turbos were not so immediate but once they came on boost a V6 Buick would destroy the big block.

Thanks to electronically controlled throttle, part of the turbo's tune could include an optimized throttle map for consistent throttle feel. I do expect that the turbo will still have a "softer" throttle feel due to lag. I wonder if that could actually end up being a benefit (reduced shock to the drivetrain when hitting the throttle).

This is the kind of thing that JeepLab will be able to comment on after some back-to-back comparison

I'm still stuck till a CARB version for an Auto comes up.

Don't hold your breath for a CARB approved version, but do call and ask about it. If enough people call and ask for it, then maybe they will see a large enough California market to make it worthwhile to invest in creating a CARB approved version.

Any news on when the JeepLab install might happen?

As of this morning, the pipe supplier is "hoping to have them done this week". Sounds like now the best case scenario is that stage 1 kits will ship at the end of this week, or early next week. If mine arrives early/mid-week next week, I might take a day off work to avoid suffering through the rest of the week knowing that a turbo kit is sitting at home waiting for the weekend.

I also confirmed that stage 2 installation/testing on Prodigy's test Jeep is on hold until the new production pipes come in.