Close

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    One thing about turbos is that at small throttle openings they are very benign. It requires some skinny pedal to make boost. A Maggie would provide the best small throttle response of the three I would guess. My experience is a bit dated but my 10-71 big blocks would tear your head off on ten pounds of boost with just a tap of the throttle. My turbos were not so immediate but once they came on boost a V6 Buick would destroy the big block.

Thanks to electronically controlled throttle, part of the turbo's tune could include an optimized throttle map for consistent throttle feel. I do expect that the turbo will still have a "softer" throttle feel due to lag. I wonder if that could actually end up being a benefit (reduced shock to the drivetrain when hitting the throttle).

This is the kind of thing that JeepLab will be able to comment on after some back-to-back comparison

I'm still stuck till a CARB version for an Auto comes up.

Don't hold your breath for a CARB approved version, but do call and ask about it. If enough people call and ask for it, then maybe they will see a large enough California market to make it worthwhile to invest in creating a CARB approved version.

Any news on when the JeepLab install might happen?

As of this morning, the pipe supplier is "hoping to have them done this week". Sounds like now the best case scenario is that stage 1 kits will ship at the end of this week, or early next week. If mine arrives early/mid-week next week, I might take a day off work to avoid suffering through the rest of the week knowing that a turbo kit is sitting at home waiting for the weekend.

I also confirmed that stage 2 installation/testing on Prodigy's test Jeep is on hold until the new production pipes come in.

Next Tuesday is the projected shipping date now. Fingers crossed for a Memorial Day weekend install.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Next Tuesday is the projected shipping date now. Fingers crossed for a Memorial Day weekend install.
    My fingers AND toes are crossed. Its sure to happen.

Looks like I misunderstood. No kits shipping today. No Memorial Day weekend installation.

From what I understand now, today they got a production sample of the new design of pipe they altered. They are testing/reviewing the fitment of the new pipe today. If everything is good with the new pipe, then a production run will be started. There will also be some final testing/confirmation of the tune with the new pipe. The end of this week is the earliest that kits could start shipping if everything goes according to plan now.

"Again, we want to ensure that you get the best possible product we can produce. We will not send out anything and let our customers end up doing the QC work for us and have to respond to their issues. I hope you can appreciate our commitment to quality above timeliness. We only get one chance to make a first impression and we’ll get it right!"

I have an update. In an effort to not jinx it, I will simply not share any information!

FYI: the stage 1 turbo kit is now listed "on sale" on Prodigy's website for $4799: http://www.prodigyperformance.com/pr...p/pro-2001.htm

If you placed an order already for $4995 (or was it $4999?), it only seems fair that they would retroactively price match, seeing that they haven't shipped out any orders yet.