Close

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Man I can't wait to hear more about this 3.6 kit! I am really hoping the under hood temps aren't effected too much, especially a full day of crawling in heat like Moab in the summer. This kit is really getting my interest peaked!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeofJeep View Post
    Man I can't wait to hear more about this 3.6 kit! I am really hoping the under hood temps aren't effected too much, especially a full day of crawling in heat like Moab in the summer. This kit is really getting my interest peaked!
    DUKEOFJEEP! 1st Post! Welcome. We are happy to have you.

Here's your reward....an update that I wasnt going to release.... I spoke to Prodigy last friday, and they told me that they are planning to have the kit completed in 10 days! Thats assuming there are no set backs. As soon as one get shipped....its getting shipped here. We will start with an unboxing and disecting the instructions and discuss what pipes run near what components in the engine bay.... And a LOT more. Thousands of pics.... Stay Tuned!

Thank you! I have been following the Magnuson thread on wrangler forum, your efforts are greatly appreciated in all the testing you and your team does. Very excited for your input on this kit especially since you have hands on with two other SC kits. 👍👏

Here's another newly-released pic. Still not quite sure where the coolant reservoir moved to (I erroneously previously said it was moved to upper right of image; but then I edited):

Stock engine compartment for comparison:

I can't wait to see how those pipes are routed. It appears like a large portion of the front of the jeep will have to come out to do the install.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I can't wait to see how those pipes are routed. It appears like a large portion of the front of the jeep will have to come out to do the install.
    I want to see if the oil pan gets modded. I was told it would by someone who has nothing to do with prodigy. Its all speculation until we get to see the instructions.

Don't they advertise the kit as bolt-on or nearly bolt-on? That can be loosely used, I know, but that seems fairly extreme. Like you said, we'll know when the instructions come out.

I recall the RIPP supercharger was "bolt on" basically, but that install required some cutting and modding, and a lot of removal of this and that. Only time will tell!

Looks like they do describe the 3.8 kit as a "complete bolt on Jeep turbo kit". I think "bolt on" for major mods like a turbo kit has a bit of leniency to mean "a competent DIY home mechanic can do this in their garage/driveway with basic tools that you probably already have; no plasma cutter or welding required"

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Looks like they do describe the 3.8 kit as a "complete bolt on Jeep turbo kit". I think "bolt on" for major mods like a turbo kit has a bit of leniency to mean "a competent DIY home mechanic can do this in their garage/driveway with basic tools that you probably already have; no plasma cutter or welding required"
    Exactly- same as the RIPP supercharger. Competent shadetree mechanics that can read instructions should have a good chance of success!