Close

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Here's another newly-released pic. Still not quite sure where the coolant reservoir moved to (I erroneously previously said it was moved to upper right of image; but then I edited):

Stock engine compartment for comparison:

I can't wait to see how those pipes are routed. It appears like a large portion of the front of the jeep will have to come out to do the install.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I can't wait to see how those pipes are routed. It appears like a large portion of the front of the jeep will have to come out to do the install.
    I want to see if the oil pan gets modded. I was told it would by someone who has nothing to do with prodigy. Its all speculation until we get to see the instructions.

Don't they advertise the kit as bolt-on or nearly bolt-on? That can be loosely used, I know, but that seems fairly extreme. Like you said, we'll know when the instructions come out.

I recall the RIPP supercharger was "bolt on" basically, but that install required some cutting and modding, and a lot of removal of this and that. Only time will tell!

The 3.8 kit required drilling a hole in the oil pan to mount an oil fitting for the return line. I expect the same will be needed for the new kit. See the bottom of page 13 of the install guide for the 3.8 kit: http://www.prodigyperformance.com/v/...1%20Manual.pdf

Looks like they do describe the 3.8 kit as a "complete bolt on Jeep turbo kit". I think "bolt on" for major mods like a turbo kit has a bit of leniency to mean "a competent DIY home mechanic can do this in their garage/driveway with basic tools that you probably already have; no plasma cutter or welding required"

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    Looks like they do describe the 3.8 kit as a "complete bolt on Jeep turbo kit". I think "bolt on" for major mods like a turbo kit has a bit of leniency to mean "a competent DIY home mechanic can do this in their garage/driveway with basic tools that you probably already have; no plasma cutter or welding required"
    Exactly- same as the RIPP supercharger. Competent shadetree mechanics that can read instructions should have a good chance of success!

If this thing is so close to release, You guys should be able to at least get a copy of the instructions.

Climb in thru the bathroom window or something. I read this site because you manage to get this stuff first.

How about a JeepLab recon mission? Pay for my round-trip ticket from Detroit to Palm Beach and a night in a motel, and I'll do some interrogations and take pictures. Maybe I'll even convince them to let me drive their test vehicle for some exclusive pre-release impressions