Close

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If this thing is so close to release, You guys should be able to at least get a copy of the instructions.

Climb in thru the bathroom window or something. I read this site because you manage to get this stuff first.

The 3.8 kit required drilling a hole in the oil pan to mount an oil fitting for the return line. I expect the same will be needed for the new kit. See the bottom of page 13 of the install guide for the 3.8 kit: http://www.prodigyperformance.com/v/...1%20Manual.pdf

How about a JeepLab recon mission? Pay for my round-trip ticket from Detroit to Palm Beach and a night in a motel, and I'll do some interrogations and take pictures. Maybe I'll even convince them to let me drive their test vehicle for some exclusive pre-release impressions

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    How about a JeepLab recon mission? Pay for my round-trip ticket from Detroit to Palm Beach and a night in a motel, and I'll do some interrogations and take pictures. Maybe I'll even convince them to let me drive their test vehicle for some exclusive pre-release impressions
    the mission impossible theme song plays in the background....

But then as I approach the turbo Jeep to drive it, this starts playing:

Last edited by JeepLab; 03-12-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Just talked to prodigy. Paper instructions are unavailable right now.

They have the prototype working and will be doing some high speed testing of their own. Then tearing the prototype down and building the jigs to mass produce all the custom pipe they made.

Once the jigs are made, they will reinstall their unit with pictures and what not to make clear instructions. They assure me its completely bolt on, no cutting anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    They have the prototype working and will be doing some high speed testing of their own. Then tearing the prototype down and building the jigs to mass produce all the custom pipe they made.

Once the jigs are made, they will reinstall their unit with pictures and what not to make clear instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I spoke to Prodigy last friday, and they told me that they are planning to have the kit completed in 10 days!
    10 days from last Friday would be next Monday. That sounds pretty optimistic, depending on what exactly they mean by "have the kit completed". Sounds like it doesn't mean it will be ready to ship that soon.

A couple minor tidbits:

Everything is going smoothly and as planned with the final prototype. They hope have some new info (presumably dyno results) ready to publish next week.

Also, they don't foresee any problems with the stock clutch. I was a bit concerned about maybe needing to upgrade to a stronger clutch ($$$!), so I'm glad to hear this.

not needing to install a new clutch is huge! this gets more exciting every day. Their timeline sounds pretty aggressive but I'm sure they are going full speed trying to get it to market.

This should really be good👍being in Colorado even the Pentastar needs some help 😕