Close

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    I've videoed my 2013 auto doing 0 to 100 on the dry lake bed twice. Once bone stock and once with a 3.5 RK lift, 35 KM2's,4.56's and a Procal flash. The gears and tires were the quicker of the two. Not by a lot though. It just ran up to 100 and stopped accelerating when the speed limiter kicked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I've videoed my 2013 auto doing 0 to 100 on the dry lake bed twice. Once bone stock and once with a 3.5 RK lift, 35 KM2's,4.56's and a Procal flash. The gears and tires were the quicker of the two. Not by a lot though. It just ran up to 100 and stopped accelerating when the speed limiter kicked in.
    Is there a link to this video? I'd love to see it.

When is this thing coming.....?

I have a question; maybe for pickles as he's in-the-know: What type of exhaust system is Prodigy envisioning using behind the turbo system?

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    When is this thing coming.....?
    Don't know for sure yet. "Soon".

I know that they definitely want to have everything ready so they can show it off at Jeep Beach Week, promote it, and generate sales: http://www.jeepbeach.com/

Based on that, I would expect it to be available at least by late April. Of course, they are trying to make it available much sooner if possible. We should hopefully get some more details this week as they finish up their final tune testing and start preparing for production.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I have a question; maybe for pickles as he's in-the-know: What type of exhaust system is Prodigy envisioning using behind the turbo system?
    As far as I know, the kit is intended to work with no additional supporting mods necessary, so stock exhaust is expected/supported (except for the parts of the exhaust replaced by the turbo kit).

The kit includes fine tuning via email based on data logs (at least the 3.8 kit did). I imagine that if you wanted aftermarket exhaust, your best deal would be to get it installed before or at the same time as the turbo so that the fine tuning via email will be fine tuned for whatever exhaust you are running. This would definitely be a topic worth discussing with Prodigy directly before making any decisions just in case there are any compatibility concerns. It seems to me that a turbo system could benefit from a more free-flowing exhaust system (more power to the wheels instead of fighting back-pressure in the exhaust, cooler exhaust pipes, etc).

We'll have to wait longer for dyno results

Getting the prototype pipes uninstalled (already done) to setup for production took priority. Dyno testing will happen "probably next week".

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    We'll have to wait longer for dyno results

Getting the prototype pipes uninstalled (already done) to setup for production took priority. Dyno testing will happen "probably next week".
    A few pictures of said pipes would sure be exciting. I'm still stuck on exhaust. I'm thinking an AFE Mach Force Hi-tuck system was ideal before the turbo. Now I wonder if something more free-flowing would be better. I feel like the pressure to get the exhaust right early on (based on your point) is worth the stress. Unfortunately, Jeep exhaust reviews aren't terribly relevant to me now unless they have boost. I'm sure AFE's system would be a good starting point.

I just noticed something interesting...

Here's a picture of the turbo from the 3.8 kit:

source: http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modif...-3-8-a-269333/

Now here's a picture of the turbo from the 3.6 kit (from Prodigy's facebook page):

Those are "anti-surge" ports. From what I've read about them, they essentially give the turbo the ability to operate over a wider range of conditions (combinations of flow rate and turbine speed). If you know what a "compressor map" is, then "anti-surge" ports move the "surge line" further left on the map.

I think what this could possibly mean is that the large "bump" in torque on the torque chart could be a little more spread out across a wider RPM range on the 3.6 kit when compared to the 3.8 kit, maybe leading to better gains at lower RPMs?

I just want to see the dyno chart

Here's Garrett's own explanation of surge, the "surge line" on the compressor map, and how anti-surge ports affect it: http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/surge_line

Dear lord, Im climbing the walls waiting for this thing to get here.

CLIMBING THE WALLS.