Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	351

Here is a shot of the RK spring next to the stock rear spring
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010950.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	352

Talked to the trucks owner, and the review was that the ride change was fantastic.

Now we have to wheel it.

Lets get this thing dirty and show us how it climbs. Does this suspension offer any off road benefit? Or is it just drivability and its weight holding capability?

I ask because you didn't change the control arms or shocks. So even with the harder springs, I don't think this truck as any more articulation.

Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    Lets get this thing dirty and show us how it climbs. Does this suspension offer any off road benefit? Or is it just drivability and its weight holding capability?

I ask because you didn't change the control arms or shocks. So even with the harder springs, I don't think this truck as any more articulation.

Correct?
    Longer shocks would allow for further droop. That will be the next step

Hey!

Hey First time poster here!

I first want to say thank you so much for your work. I have been scouring the internet for this kind of review.

If you don't mind i have a few questions regarding the RK 1.5" coils. First, a little back story. I have a 2013 jku that I'm looking to put a small lift on. nothing more that 2" really (my GF has a hard enough time getting in it as it is) Anyways, I do not plan on ever really going bigger than just a small coil lift just enough to fit 33's in and i dont really plan on getting a heavy bumper. I plan on upsizing to 33s once my stock tires wear out at which time i plan on upgrading to a 4.5" back spaced rim.

I guess my main question is I have been looking at the Teraflex Performance leveling kit (coils). I am not in anyway interested in spacer lifts. But after seeing the RK 1.5" coils I'm really interested in the triple layer springs. The teraflex coil level kit is ~400$ it includes 4 springs and 2 extended sway bars. And i priced the RK coils and they are $149 per axle. so ~300$ than I can buy extended sway bars. How do they compare? Is it worth it? i know one is a level kit but they seem reasonable comparable.

You said you don't need to upgrade shocks or really anything else for just the 1.5" rk coils and Teraflex reps say you don't need to change shocks or anything else. But non the less I have Take-off 10A rubicon shocks i picked up with 149 miles on them so you did say the rubi shocks were better with the rk coils over sport shocks.

which would you recommend and if i go with the RK 1.5 coils would you suggest extended sway bars like the teraflex kit comes with or no?

Im sorry if i highjacked the thread. im a newb looking for some info. anything helps!

Thanks again!

I have no experience with the Teraflex kit.

The RK kit is ment to be a lift kit, not a leveling kit.

If you want to use the rubi shocks, they should work with either. Its going to come down to how tall you truly want to go.

For me, the deciding factor would be that the RK kit allows 35s with cut flares. You will want 35s later... It just happens. And cut flares look great...

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I have no experience with the Teraflex kit.

The RK kit is ment to be a lift kit, not a leveling kit.

If you want to use the rubi shocks, they should work with either. Its going to come down to how tall you truly want to go.

For me, the deciding factor would be that the RK kit allows 35s with cut flares. You will want 35s later... It just happens. And cut flares look great...
    what is really the difference between a lift and leveling kit? because the level kit says it still jacks the back up about an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by HavD55 View Post
    what is really the difference between a lift and leveling kit? because the level kit says it still jacks the back up about an inch.
    The RK will be taller. You will get 2 inches in the front, and 1 inch in the back, (over rubicon height)

If your truck is not a rubi, you will get more lift from where you are....

Leveling - keeps same basic height, and brings up the nose. "level" but not look stupid with your stock tires. The inch will not be a drastic change

Lift- This is to fit larger tires. Will level, and lift, and still look ok with Rubi tires, at a minimum. More noticable change.