Close

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    The RK springs are stiff. They are made to handle the weight of a winch and steel components. So with nothing on them, they will feel stiff.

That way, if you want a winch in a year, they won't turn to mush under the weight.

If you want to stay as close to stock as possible, and no wheeling in mind, id say do the spacer and keep all the stock stuff in there. Its a cheap route too, so if you hate it, you spent $300. and you will know. Rather then spending more changing everything, Springs, shocks, and THEN finding out that you hate it.

Thats the route id suggest.
    X2^^ That jeep looks like JL's Tonka. All you need is 40s LOL.

I like the compliance of the stock suspension. I had an AEV 2.5" on my last Sport and was impressed with the handling, but some times felt it was way too stiff. I will never run a winch. I just don't do that type of wheeling. The Rubicon is way more than I needed, but its so much better than my Sport was in every way.

I guess i should qualify my reference that the springs are soft, compared to the lift in my prevuous 3/4 ton truck. I expected the ride to be rougher but really didn't notice the ride being rough. My coworker has a terraflex 1.5 performance lift and waiting for him to get it installed so we can compare the ride.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    I guess i should qualify my reference that the springs are soft, compared to the lift in my prevuous 3/4 ton truck. I expected the ride to be rougher but really didn't notice the ride being rough. My coworker has a terraflex 1.5 performance lift and waiting for him to get it installed so we can compare the ride.
    I would love to hear feedback on the TF performance kit.

I went ahead and ordered the TF leveling springs. I was told after I purchased them that my Rubicon with 17/59 combo wouldn't see any lift from it. I should get them installed this week so we will find out how much lift I get.

Here it sits with the TF Leveling Springs. I'm very happy with how it looks and it drives slightly stiffer than stock, but in a good way.

Before:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4015.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	1516

After:

Name:	IMG_4017.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	1517

Quote Originally Posted by DallasJKU View Post
    Here it sits with the TF Leveling Springs. I'm very happy with how it looks and it drives slightly stiffer than stock, but in a good way.
    Woot Woot! Love it! Love the beefy look of the tires!
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Here is another before and after. I really like how level it is and I could actually probably run a small 37" now as well.

Before:

Name:	IMG_3969.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	1518

After:

Name:	IMG_4022.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	1519

Looks great, which LOD bumper is that? I am trying to figure out what bumper to go with.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    Looks great, which LOD bumper is that? I am trying to figure out what bumper to go with.
    Its the LoD Armor Lite Shorty. The whole thing weighs almost exactly the same as the stock bumper which is what I wanted . I had a PS Brawler Lite on my Sport and I always hated how far it stuck out from the grill. The LoD is so much better and looks awesome IMO.