Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasJKU View Post
    I'm thinking of this lift. I currently am running stock Rubicon suspension with MCE flares. I only want 2" of lift. I run an extremely light Jeep with no winch. I want to stay as close to stock geometry as possible and have floated the idea of just an AEV spacer lift. I don't do any rocks. I ran an AEV 2.5" on my last Jeep with same 315 DT's and MCE's. Gap was ok but made the DT's look a little small and the suspension was stiffer than I want. How stiff are these 1.5" coils. I rode in a RK 3.5" that I felt was too stiff.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3876.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	1469
    The RK springs are stiff. They are made to handle the weight of a winch and steel components. So with nothing on them, they will feel stiff.

That way, if you want a winch in a year, they won't turn to mush under the weight.

If you want to stay as close to stock as possible, and no wheeling in mind, id say do the spacer and keep all the stock stuff in there. Its a cheap route too, so if you hate it, you spent $300. and you will know. Rather then spending more changing everything, Springs, shocks, and THEN finding out that you hate it.

Thats the route id suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pznivy View Post
    The RK springs are stiff. They are made to handle the weight of a winch and steel components. So with nothing on them, they will feel stiff.

That way, if you want a winch in a year, they won't turn to mush under the weight.

If you want to stay as close to stock as possible, and no wheeling in mind, id say do the spacer and keep all the stock stuff in there. Its a cheap route too, so if you hate it, you spent $300. and you will know. Rather then spending more changing everything, Springs, shocks, and THEN finding out that you hate it.

Thats the route id suggest.
    X2^^ That jeep looks like JL's Tonka. All you need is 40s LOL.

I like the compliance of the stock suspension. I had an AEV 2.5" on my last Sport and was impressed with the handling, but some times felt it was way too stiff. I will never run a winch. I just don't do that type of wheeling. The Rubicon is way more than I needed, but its so much better than my Sport was in every way.