Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have no experience with the Teraflex kit.

The RK kit is ment to be a lift kit, not a leveling kit.

If you want to use the rubi shocks, they should work with either. Its going to come down to how tall you truly want to go.

For me, the deciding factor would be that the RK kit allows 35s with cut flares. You will want 35s later... It just happens. And cut flares look great...

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I have no experience with the Teraflex kit.

The RK kit is ment to be a lift kit, not a leveling kit.

If you want to use the rubi shocks, they should work with either. Its going to come down to how tall you truly want to go.

For me, the deciding factor would be that the RK kit allows 35s with cut flares. You will want 35s later... It just happens. And cut flares look great...
    what is really the difference between a lift and leveling kit? because the level kit says it still jacks the back up about an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by HavD55 View Post
    what is really the difference between a lift and leveling kit? because the level kit says it still jacks the back up about an inch.
    The RK will be taller. You will get 2 inches in the front, and 1 inch in the back, (over rubicon height)

If your truck is not a rubi, you will get more lift from where you are....

Leveling - keeps same basic height, and brings up the nose. "level" but not look stupid with your stock tires. The inch will not be a drastic change

Lift- This is to fit larger tires. Will level, and lift, and still look ok with Rubi tires, at a minimum. More noticable change.

I agree time to get Lola dirty

If we cut those flares.... Could we fit 37s in and still wheel?

Im lift shopping...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    If we cut those flares.... Could we fit 37s in and still wheel?

Im lift shopping...
    No, you are not getting 37s into the 1.5" lift. There is just not enough room for that size tire to articulate. Could you drive on the road like that? Sure...

You could also put 22s on your jeep. Same issues.

So max size with these 1.5s is 35?

I think it will look good, but im terrified that I will want to go bigger later.... You guys make it seem like 37s are the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoinkers View Post
    So max size with these 1.5s is 35?

I think it will look good, but im terrified that I will want to go bigger later.... You guys make it seem like 37s are the standard.
    Yoinkers you need to get on the trail in some friends lifted jeeps. I know thats not easy, as other guys may not give their keys to a rookie offroad, but ask.

You need to get a taste of what lifts feel like, then you will be better suited to pick one.

What shocks do you intend to install on this budget build? I am looking at a similar type of build using the 1.5" coils. I am looking at Rancho RS9000XL shocks, but not sure which length to get.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

FIRST POST!

Welcome to JeepLab!

I shot a message to Jeremy from rock krawler about his shock suggestions as far as size.

A factor people don't realize is the flares. You want less down travel if you have flat flares, (more up travel), and you want more down travel if you have stock flares.

Whats your flare situation?