Close

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    any word on the correct shock sizes?
    I think we are looking at a 10 inch. But hang on, Im trying to sift thru the information, as you might want to go with a longer shock because you have stock flares.

To max out down travel.

In that case it would be an 11 inch. Sit tight for a few more hours.

Here's the answer.

Bilsteins.

5100s
    1.5 to 3" lift

24-146708 fronts
    24-146715 rears

Thanks, I hope RK changes their website. They did have the 1.5 and 2.5 using the same shocks. Looking at those travel specifications I don't think the Rancho RS9000XL's have enough travel.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

ordering the springs with shocks on Friday. How has the ride been with the stock shocks? Any noticeable difference?
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

ordering the springs with shocks on Friday. How has the ride been with the stock shocks? Any noticeable difference?
    Lola, belongs to Frank The Tank, and he got married last friday and is in the Caribbean.

I can tell you, as Ive driven it a few times, how you like it will depend on the weight of your mod, If you have steel bumpers, and go from stock springs to RK you will LOVE it.

Its going to be a little taller than before, and its good with the regular shocks, but you have to realize Lola, was a 09 Sport. Her shocks aren't great to start with and she drives pretty good.

Should new shocks be on frank's list? Yes. If it was a 12 Rubi would he need to make a move? Prob not.

The noticeable difference in Lola's case is that the truck stands up now, huge improvement from where she was coming from.

Thanks, hope Frank and his bride are having a good time. I have a rear steel bumper, but waiting on Smittybilt to get their SRC generation 2 front bumper in stores, I don't want to lose my fog lights. That will be my next purchase after the springs and shocks.

Thanks, hope Frank and his bride are having a good time. I have a rear steel bumper, but waiting on Smittybilt to get their SRC generation 2 front bumper in stores, I don't want to lose my fog lights. That will be my next purchase after the springs and shocks.

LCAs! Have I said it too much? LCA! LCA!

I am back from Antigua!!!

And regretting it every second haha

As Ross said it is different and took me a while to get used to being taller. First move now will be to get some new shocks pronto!

Will keep you updated

Glad you had a good time. So the height is actually noticeable? I order my springs and shocks last week just waiting on them to be delivered. Shocks will be here today and springs are being drop shipped from RK and haven't gone out yet. Hopefully this week.

Hey!

Hey First time poster here!

I first want to say thank you so much for your work. I have been scouring the internet for this kind of review.

If you don't mind i have a few questions regarding the RK 1.5" coils. First, a little back story. I have a 2013 jku that I'm looking to put a small lift on. nothing more that 2" really (my GF has a hard enough time getting in it as it is) Anyways, I do not plan on ever really going bigger than just a small coil lift just enough to fit 33's in and i dont really plan on getting a heavy bumper. I plan on upsizing to 33s once my stock tires wear out at which time i plan on upgrading to a 4.5" back spaced rim.

I guess my main question is I have been looking at the Teraflex Performance leveling kit (coils). I am not in anyway interested in spacer lifts. But after seeing the RK 1.5" coils I'm really interested in the triple layer springs. The teraflex coil level kit is ~400$ it includes 4 springs and 2 extended sway bars. And i priced the RK coils and they are $149 per axle. so ~300$ than I can buy extended sway bars. How do they compare? Is it worth it? i know one is a level kit but they seem reasonable comparable.

You said you don't need to upgrade shocks or really anything else for just the 1.5" rk coils and Teraflex reps say you don't need to change shocks or anything else. But non the less I have Take-off 10A rubicon shocks i picked up with 149 miles on them so you did say the rubi shocks were better with the rk coils over sport shocks.

which would you recommend and if i go with the RK 1.5 coils would you suggest extended sway bars like the teraflex kit comes with or no?

Im sorry if i highjacked the thread. im a newb looking for some info. anything helps!

Thanks again!