Close

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    stock flares for now, but intend to get flat flares down the road. I am running 285/75-16 falken rocky mountain atsII. Did adding the springs throw the front and rear axles off any? Trying to figure out if I should go ahead and get adjustable track bars or not.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    stock flares for now, but intend to get flat flares down the road. I am running 285/75-16 falken rocky mountain atsII. Did adding the springs throw the front and rear axles off any? Trying to figure out if I should go ahead and get adjustable track bars or not.
    Our budget build has the stock track bar.

I don't think it needs to be changed. Alignment is always a good idea after you lift.

Im still working on the correct shock size, I got conflicting responses today. Hang in.

any word on the correct shock sizes?
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

any word on the correct shock sizes?
    I think we are looking at a 10 inch. But hang on, Im trying to sift thru the information, as you might want to go with a longer shock because you have stock flares.

To max out down travel.

In that case it would be an 11 inch. Sit tight for a few more hours.

Here's the answer.

Bilsteins.

5100s
    1.5 to 3" lift

24-146708 fronts
    24-146715 rears

Thanks, I hope RK changes their website. They did have the 1.5 and 2.5 using the same shocks. Looking at those travel specifications I don't think the Rancho RS9000XL's have enough travel.

ordering the springs with shocks on Friday. How has the ride been with the stock shocks? Any noticeable difference?

ordering the springs with shocks on Friday. How has the ride been with the stock shocks? Any noticeable difference?
    Lola, belongs to Frank The Tank, and he got married last friday and is in the Caribbean.

I can tell you, as Ive driven it a few times, how you like it will depend on the weight of your mod, If you have steel bumpers, and go from stock springs to RK you will LOVE it.

Its going to be a little taller than before, and its good with the regular shocks, but you have to realize Lola, was a 09 Sport. Her shocks aren't great to start with and she drives pretty good.

Should new shocks be on frank's list? Yes. If it was a 12 Rubi would he need to make a move? Prob not.

The noticeable difference in Lola's case is that the truck stands up now, huge improvement from where she was coming from.

Thanks, hope Frank and his bride are having a good time. I have a rear steel bumper, but waiting on Smittybilt to get their SRC generation 2 front bumper in stores, I don't want to lose my fog lights. That will be my next purchase after the springs and shocks.