Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I have no experience with the Teraflex kit.

The RK kit is ment to be a lift kit, not a leveling kit.

If you want to use the rubi shocks, they should work with either. Its going to come down to how tall you truly want to go.

For me, the deciding factor would be that the RK kit allows 35s with cut flares. You will want 35s later... It just happens. And cut flares look great...

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I have no experience with the Teraflex kit.

The RK kit is ment to be a lift kit, not a leveling kit.

If you want to use the rubi shocks, they should work with either. Its going to come down to how tall you truly want to go.

For me, the deciding factor would be that the RK kit allows 35s with cut flares. You will want 35s later... It just happens. And cut flares look great...
    what is really the difference between a lift and leveling kit? because the level kit says it still jacks the back up about an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by HavD55 View Post
    what is really the difference between a lift and leveling kit? because the level kit says it still jacks the back up about an inch.
    The RK will be taller. You will get 2 inches in the front, and 1 inch in the back, (over rubicon height)

If your truck is not a rubi, you will get more lift from where you are....

Leveling - keeps same basic height, and brings up the nose. "level" but not look stupid with your stock tires. The inch will not be a drastic change

Lift- This is to fit larger tires. Will level, and lift, and still look ok with Rubi tires, at a minimum. More noticable change.

Hey thanks a lot a lot of info to take in.. But I'll probably wood up going the rk route. The tri rate springs just seem so badass. Now I'll have to wait until my stock jku ugly tire wear lol so I can replace them

buy the new tires and sell the stockers. I got my 33's for $544 for a set of 4 then sold the stockers and bought my matching spare.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    buy the new tires and sell the stockers. I got my 33's for $544 for a set of 4 then sold the stockers and bought my matching spare.
    Good Advice. It takes a LONG time to wear out tires. who can wait for that?... Craigslist

I plan to upgrade soon. But the stock rims will rub with bigger wider tires so I plan on upgrading the rims with a 4.5 vs but that's gonna hurt the wallet

With my 285/75-16 Rocky Mountain ATS II's I only have a very minor rub at full lock to the left on my sway bar. Hopefully in a week or two I can post a pic of how they look with the 1.5" coils.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Finally got my RK 1.5" triple rate coils installed with Rancho RS9000XL shocks. I played around with the shock settings and have found 3 in front and 2 in the rear seems to be a good balance for my current setup. Overall ride is improved with large bumps on the highway being soaked up easily. I choose to go with just the coils and shocks for now to save a little money. The geometry is all within factory specification, at least according to the dealer that did the install and alignment, had to turn it over as I am currently suffering from a messed up knee. For a budget minded setup it is a great way to go. Plus with the Rancho $100 rebate it came in below my budget. Now for what everyone wants Pics.

The before

After

Looks great!

What's next? Chop the flares and go to 37s?