Close

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Probably, just a front bumper and winch for now. I don't see me going to 37's with this setup, but maybe 35's after this set wears out, and a set of flat tube fenders. I must say after dialing in the shocks for highway driving I am loving this setup.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Well others have asked elsewhere and while this may duplicate some information across the different forums I figured someone might ask about measurements.

Ok, got some measurements from as level of ground as I could find.

Front

Driver side center of hub to bottom of fender 23 1/4". Ground to bottom of fender 38"

Passenger side center of hub to bottom of fender 22 1/2". Ground to bottom of fender 37 1/2".

Rear

Driver side center of hub to bottom of fender 22 1/2". Ground to bottom of fender 37 1/2".

Passenger side center of hub to bottom of fender 22 1/2". Ground to bottom of fender 37 3/4".

Not certain what caused the difference with the front of 3/4", but the rear appeared to be a change in the pavement surface for a curb, but my tape measure wasn't touching the curb on the front just at the rear tire. I hope that helps. I am going to measure a co-workers jeep that is a stock sport JKU with sport S tire and wheels. He had 18/59 springs as opposed to my stock 16/58. Prior to the install of the RK coils and with my 285/75-16's from the ground to the lower part of the front fender his was 1 1/2" taller than mine. I am going to try and get a picture side by side.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Changed my front shock setting to 2 and it made street driving very plush with good control.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    Finally got my RK 1.5" triple rate coils installed with Rancho RS9000XL shocks....
    May I ask what size Rancho shocks you ended up choosing? 29 & 30?

My springs are on the way and I want to order the shocks before the rebate ends at the end of June, but I can't find a clear winner for the best size. It seems like some choose smaller than the 29/30 combo.

Thanks!

You are correct 29/30 is what I am running. I am running a 1 inch bump stop extension up front.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping.

[QUOTE=ljvsnyder;1843]Finally got my RK 1.5" triple rate coils installed with Rancho RS9000XL shocks. I played around with the shock settings and have found 3 in front and 2 in the rear seems to be a good balance for my current setup. Overall ride is improved with large bumps on the highway being soaked up easily. I choose to go with just the coils and shocks for now to save a little money. The geometry is all within factory specification, at least according to the dealer that did the install and alignment, had to turn it over as I am currently suffering from a messed up knee. For a budget minded setup it is a great way to go. Plus with the Rancho $100 rebate it came in below my budget. Now for what everyone wants Pics.

After

i just got a set of these springs and Bilstein 5100s. what else did you need for the instal? longer brake lines? longer sway bar discos?

[QUOTE=RulerZigzag;2153]
    Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    Finally got my RK 1.5" triple rate coils installed with Rancho RS9000XL shocks. I played around with the shock settings and have found 3 in front and 2 in the rear seems to be a good balance for my current setup. Overall ride is improved with large bumps on the highway being soaked up easily. I choose to go with just the coils and shocks for now to save a little money. The geometry is all within factory specification, at least according to the dealer that did the install and alignment, had to turn it over as I am currently suffering from a messed up knee. For a budget minded setup it is a great way to go. Plus with the Rancho $100 rebate it came in below my budget. Now for what everyone wants Pics.

After

i just got a set of these springs and Bilstein 5100s. what else did you need for the instal? longer brake lines? longer sway bar discos?
    We didnt change the brake lines, And we didnt change the disconnects.

I would change the disconnects however. Make sure they are quick release.

Rulerzigzag nothing other than the springs and shocks. I am debating between a torsion sway bar and regular disconnects, but since I am not really pushing her right now the stock sway bar links are fine and still within acceptable specification, according to my Jeep dealer. I do plan on building up to a full flex system in the future with larger tires and flat fenders. It is true what they say that once you are bitten by the mod bug you cannot stop. On another note I was parked next to a JKU while on vacation running a budget 3" system and 35's. I sat nearly as high, with maybe an 1 inch difference in overall height.

Your lift will settle in over time. It also makes a difference with any aftermarket armor that may be added. That will bring any lift down to it's advertised height.