Views:	13 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	559

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moab ut 3.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	560

The angle of that descent on that last obstacle would be a NIGHTMARE in a 2 door. The extra wheelbase in the 4 door works miracles sometimes.

Agreed.

You will be terrified a lot of the time. A lot of the 2 doors on the trail have stretched wheel bases.

Having perused the pics on these posts, flipped through countless magazines and now with a Rubicon I'm not missing Moab or the EJS one more year! I'm stuck in Afghanistan right now but heading home for good next March/May (2016). Does most everyone camp out? Taking a recon out there next month on vacation and will let everyone know how it is in mid-July through mid-August! If we don't dry up and blow away. LOL

This is the most fun I have ever had in a jeep. I bought one shortly after this trip.

PETE Sighting!! OMG!

So I am heading to Ouray at the end of August, and given the close proximity to Moab, I am thinking of heading there. I currently do not have a winch, is this going to be an issue for me?
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

I dont think so. The danger in moab is more rolling over or broken gear, (axle, drive shaft) rather than getting stuck.

You want a buddy jeep to go with you, better to have another truck that can pull out if you lose and axle or drive shaft. I've seen both broken in MOAB.

What kind of bumper do you have on Black Betty. I love the way it looks.

BB