Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I can't wait to get out to Moab! I'm curious to see how my 2 door will handle some of these same climbs. Did you see many 2 doors out there with the shorter wheelbase? How did they handle some of these climbing obstacles?

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I can't wait to get out to Moab! I'm curious to see how my 2 door will handle some of these same climbs. Did you see many 2 doors out there with the shorter wheelbase? How did they handle some of these climbing obstacles?
    Im going to say your at a disadvantage with the 2 door vs. 4 door in Moab, or any rock crawling really. Your truck will do fine, dont get us wrong. There is nothing out there that you can't do, But there are some places where the long wheel base is more stable.

For instance, on "white knuckle hill" we'll tie a strap to the back of your truck to keep it from going nose over.

I'll find some video of this.

I was holding the strap by myself, you'll be fine! You just need to hire Larry to spot you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I was holding the strap by myself, you'll be fine! You just need to hire Larry to spot you.
    I wouldnt tackle white knuckle hill without larry.

"Larry" is Larry McRae from Poison spyder. The goes over white knuckle hill with no spotter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010433.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	363

Name:	P1010446.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	364

More behind the rocks !

We took about 1 million pictures there.

heres some more as we get going -

Name:	moab ut 1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	558

Name:	moab ut 2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	559

Name:	moab ut 3.jpg 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	560

Here we are at HIGH DIVE

Name:	moab ut 4.jpg 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	562

Name:	moab ut 5.jpg 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	563

Name:	moab ut 6.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	564

The angle of that descent on that last obstacle would be a NIGHTMARE in a 2 door. The extra wheelbase in the 4 door works miracles sometimes.

Agreed.

You will be terrified a lot of the time. A lot of the 2 doors on the trail have stretched wheel bases.

Having perused the pics on these posts, flipped through countless magazines and now with a Rubicon I'm not missing Moab or the EJS one more year! I'm stuck in Afghanistan right now but heading home for good next March/May (2016). Does most everyone camp out? Taking a recon out there next month on vacation and will let everyone know how it is in mid-July through mid-August! If we don't dry up and blow away. LOL