Close

Engo 27w LED floods - Thoughts after one year of use

It was a couple years ago that heard about Engo USA. I read a review of their winch in Four Wheeler magazine talking about how this company "Engo" had one of the only winches to survive a head to head winch shootout with the big boys of winching. So I went online to look to browse their site and found out that Engo also sold LED lights.

At this point, I had almost zeros mods to my jeep and only about 2k on the odometer. I think I had completed the Vertically Driven Products stubby end caps for the front stock bumper (and loved them) and I was looking for something to increase functionality. So yes of course I bought the winch, but I also ordered a set of their 27 watt flood lights to mount on the windshield like I'd seen on so many other jeeps.

OK..so these LED lights are 27 watt 60 degree flood pattern with 9 LEDs rated at 2500 lumens total. They are four inches by 4 inches. They were pretty affordable (1/3 the cost of some other popular lights) and that was perfect for me as I was getting into my jeep mods with the thought that I'd like to do some cheaper upgrades first. I also thought it was great that Engo sells a ready to roll wiring harness for installing two lights. Maybe its standard in the industry to offer ready-made harnesses, but engo did it for $15 bucks. And no, its not rocket science to wire up a set of lights, but it is nice when the harness is there, soldered and ready to go with the connectors and wire and inline fuse.

Previous to this, I had read about and already installed my Spod, which was a great buy. So this was as simple as removing some torx bolts, adding the windsheidl light mount bracket, and routing the wires cleanly through the engine bay. I had them on and wired up in about an hour. Here they were fresh installed on day 1. Took a bit of fine tuning the windshield mounts to prevent the passenger wiper from impacting the extruded cooling fins.

If you’ve never had LED lights on your jeep...they are amazing. The light output of LEDs is a bit cooler than other lighting (more blue than yellow), but the floods really do their job. I live in rural maryland and deer crossing the roads are a major hazard in my area. It can be difficult to see them, but not with these on! It lights up the road, forward of the jeep well past the edges of the roadway. into the edge of the forest, where the deer like to stand ready to jump out and smash your car.

THe windshield mount does really limit the amount of light you get directly down in front of the vehicle, but thats what I have my fog lights for. With fogs for visibility down I’m good in rain and (of course) fog. These floods are amazing for lighting up the night. A few times they have been very useful for setting up a campsite with a post dark arrival.

So back to my original intent - I”ve had these light son my jeep for over a year in all types of weather and thought I should share the outcome. Honestly - they look as good as they day I bought them, seriously. And I’m a bit amazed. Here they are a couple weeks ago.

When I bought these, they were (and are) priced very fairly. I thought I’d have to compromise a bit on quality at this price point. And truthfully I”m ok with that because I’m a best value shopper. By now I expected some corrosion on the finish, or some hazing of the glass or some drying of seals.

Nope, not yet. Not even close. I’ll keep these on the jeep until they die, and its looking like that may be a long time from now. I’m marking these Engo lights are one of the best functional investments I've made for the money, and pretty high on that list having used them for some time time now without any issues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12726972315_f2f73db9f6_z.jpg