Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just got an Engo 12 inch light bar - now how to mount it up?

I just picked up this light bar from Engo because I've had my Engo floods on the windshield for a year now and love them. The light bar is somehow going on the front of my jeep. Here is my Engo light bar that i unpacked from a molded foam container. I'm not installing it for a bit but I had to play with it just a little!

Looks like a bit of the waterproofing sealant overflowed on the top of the light's sides, but it came right off.

Standard looking mount (excellent if I try to do something custom)

Here is the bumper its going on. I'm not sure if I want to mount it on top somehow utilizing the tabs or go a bit more custom and hang it forward of the winch and above the fairlead? Opinions!!? I hope to start this in a month or so and I need to get my plan together.

JCR Bracket

JCR makes a bracket for the 12 inch mount, you can see it on betty in this picture.

You keep the Engo legs, but turn them inside instead of outside and you can fit it on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Weld Racing 3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	308

I'll have to try to find it on their site. I need to get some measurements to see how it lines up with the tabs on my LOD Armor lite front bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I'll have to try to find it on their site. I need to get some measurements to see how it lines up with the tabs on my LOD Armor lite front bumper.
    it mounts from the winch mount. The bolts holding your fairlead on.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    it mounts from the winch mount. The bolts holding your fairlead on.
    That would work perfectly. Then I could remove the tabs on my bull bar or put them to alternate use.

Here is the ENGO 12 inch LED light on the JCR off road winch light mount

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Engo LED light.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	391

It attaches to the bolts that hold your fair lead on.

I see how that will work. Out of curiosity where did you run the wires? I was thinking about bringing them down and in with the winch wiring. But more immediately how did you cleanly run the wire close to the engo bar? Don't want a wire just flopping around up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I see how that will work. Out of curiosity where did you run the wires? I was thinking about bringing them down and in with the winch wiring. But more immediately how did you cleanly run the wire close to the engo bar? Don't want a wire just flopping around up front.
    When it was installed, I ran them down the arm of the mount (zip tie) and into the hole in the JCR bumper where the winch wires go. (another zip tie)

Then up to the spod.

it was very clean. And the light is BRIGHT.

Sooooo a 12 inch on the front bumper? or the flood bumper lights on each side? Preference?

I think its more about style, unless you get really cheap flood lights. I might go with the bar. Every jeep has flood lights. And you can never really use them.