Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LOD Armor Lite Shorty Front Bumper with Bull Bar and Winch Mount

When it came time to upgrade my OEM bumper that I modded with the VDP stubby bumper kit, I had lightweight in mind. After doing some serious forum reading, I went with LOD's Armor lite front bumper which was available at the same price as similar bumpers from other manufacturers. And the fact that it doesn't require vacuum pump relocation had me sold.

So here was what the advertised item looked like..love it. I just love the functionality and look of a stubby/shorty front bumper and I had to have this one with the pictured bull bar and integrated front skid plate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	armor lite shorty.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	336

The bumper is pitched as lighter than my old OEM bumper while looking a billion times better, with integrated recovery points and ability to mount any winch. I ended up with the Engo E9000. The bumper is a modular design so I was able to have it built just like the pic (yeah..original, I know) and made from 1/8 steel plate. I did the bull bar with hopes of later making the addition of lighting easier. Added the fairlead for synthetic line and shackle mounts which are a must. Lastly, this bumper offers the ability to utilize the factory fog lamps, which was a nice feature that saves some dough. I don't think the factory foggies do much anyway so why mod them for now.

Here is my before:

Name:	P1010784.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	333

My packages from LOD arrived without any issues. The first package contained the base bumper, clevis mounts, fair lead mount and hardware. The second box held the bull bar and the third and thinnest package was the bolt on skid plate. Anyone who has been on jeep forums will have read some story or thread about receiving bumpers with scratches, dents, paint damage, or some other physical atrocity resulting from poor package or shipping. NOT THESE. These were some of the best wrapped parts I've received to date. Wrapped in 4ish mil plastic, zip zip tied at both ends, boxed, and surrounded by what appeared to be expanding foam.

Name:	P1010792.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	334

These things were TIGHT in the boxes. I actually turned the boxes upside down and shook them in attempt to break them free from their bonds, but no luck. The bull bar was packaged in the same manner without a scratch, as was the skid plate. So absolutely no concerns with the shipping, LOD did a top-notch job here.

Name:	P1010796.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	335
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails armor lite shorty.jpg